Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pay It Forward Websites

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 39 Replies
I joined a pay it forward website on Facebook. I thought it'd be nice to help out a few people in need, especially those needing help with school supplies & be clothes for school and such.

Holy cow. What the hell happened to having a baby& paying for your own stuff?? I see so many people asking for newborn clothes, bottles, formula, wipes, diapers, swing, changing table, crib, toys, car seat, breast pump, nipple cream, ect ALL from one person. Why are you having a child if you can't afford the basics??

Normally I'm not judgemental but I was just blown away. Especially by the people who think they are entitled to free stuff. One post said " I've been searchingfor xyz for two weeks now and no one had given it to me. I thought this site was to help people out! No one is helping me!"

I understand people fall on hard times, and that's what the site is there for. But I'm just appalled at all the moochers!
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, people suck :(

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Some people are just really lame.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM

We a site like that. I try to help but some people are asking all the time. It's hard to not judge and let it go tho. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Link?

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, here lately I've only been helping out those who need dog or cat food. lol Or if someone needs diapers or a bit of formula until pay day. & I make sureit's not going to someone who is consistently asking for stuff

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Yeah, people suck :(

bcoll
by Brandi on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I try so hard not to speak badly of others but I had this same issue today. I went to such a site to see if I could help anyone local to me and saw a post from someone for $300 dollars for food and toiletries and what not. This girl happens to be on my FB and is AT THIS VERY MOMENT on vacation in Algeria. SMH

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:36 PM
it's a page on fb for our county. I don't have the exact link on me right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Link?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Really? Wow!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. My mom once helped out a woman who was standing with 2 toddlers in a mall parking lot with a sign asking for help. My mom went to the grocery store and bought them a ton of groceries and gave it to the woman. Later that day my mom ended up driving past the mall and she saw the same woman with the two toddlers get into a very fancy pickup truck. Now, I don't know if the man with the pickup truck was a stranger or her husband..but my mom was NOT happy that she just spent a ton of money on groceries for a woman who appeared to be doing well. It really looked like the man with the pickup truck was that woman's husband.

=/

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Oh my goodness! You have got to be kidding!!? SMH too!

Quoting bcoll:

I try so hard not to speak badly of others but I had this same issue today. I went to such a site to see if I could help anyone local to me and saw a post from someone for $300 dollars for food and toiletries and what not. This girl happens to be on my FB and is AT THIS VERY MOMENT on vacation in Algeria. SMH

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Wow! This woman I have food to ( who has a two year old) posted the next day that she needed food & gave her pity story. I commented that I had just left her at LEAST 10 days worth of groceries the day before & she says " Oh well, I need meat." Um, no you don't. Beggars can't be choosers. It just irritated me that she was telling these people that she had NO food.

Quoting bcoll:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN