Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am sad that things like this happen, all the time.

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh is a avid biker, and he has a bunch of biker friends from this forum he goes to (kinda like how I go here lol)  anyways, he just found out one of the guys friends was on his bike with his wife and a truck ran a red light and hit them, killing the wife instantly and hes in the hospital, they dont think he is going to make it.

I just wish people would be careful especially around bikers.  I get so scared with my dh going out, but its so much cheaper in gas, he takes it to work and I just lay there waiting for him to call saying he got in.  I am not saying its not always the bikers fault but  alot of the time it isnt. Its always someone saying ' i didnt see them" I see bikes when i am driving just fine.  These people have families, I just feel like people who cause any sort of accident dont think about that. No one should be on their cell phones, or really doing anything that would take that much distraction to take your eyes off the road like that! 

its depressing. I hope that guy lives. 

rant over 

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
waffa
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Cars making a left turn are the kiss of death for a person on a bike...

when I was 15 working at a KFC that scenario happened and the car ran into the restaurant, and when I was 20 I saw a bike go down in front of me and I had to tourniquet a guy to save his leg.

so sorry to hear about your friends.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM
SO wants a bike, but I'm not too comfortable with the idea. I have anxiety on the road anyway, but at least in a car you have a little bit of protection. :/

Quoting mistressflora:

yeah me to! and I resent bikers who drive like that.  this one though apparently from what I was told, was a very careful rider, my dh is the same way, he goes a little under the speed limit, and is always looking out, an that helps a little but still cant control the other driver.  Just the other week there was a bike accident here these kids (like 20) where driving recklessly and hit a van, the one kid died the others are in the hospital needing reconstructive surgery. Its not that I dont feel bad for them, but they really need to be careful.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I'm always terrified that I'm going to hit a biker. It goes both ways tho. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bikers weaving in and out of traffic super fast, cutting people off, and just being plain wreckless.

stacey541
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Its crazy. In my area in the last few months there have been a ton of bike vs car accidents, a few fatal and 1 looking like its going to be. So sad people can't open their damn eyes and not be in such a hurry...
mistressflora
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM

i tell my dh that all the time, I tell him "take the car its just safer" there is no protection at all but he loves it.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry for the man and his wife but bikers knowingly endanger themselves, they have no protection whatsoever, I have said it many many times I would rather keep all of my skin and life intact that ride a bike...I can say I have honestly not seen one in my blind spot before and it totally pissed the guy off but it was total accident and I wasn't distracted he was almost hidden...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Yup...my dh, mom and stepdad are all bikers. I on the other hand, am just a nervous wreck. It sickens me how often under people driving recklessly around bikers and then when something bad happens, everyone always tries to blame the bikers. It's just sickening and so, so sad.
mistressflora
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:49 PM

trust me, I am on that boat everyday, I get so nervous I make myself sick.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

SO wants a bike, but I'm not too comfortable with the idea. I have anxiety on the road anyway, but at least in a car you have a little bit of protection. :/

Quoting mistressflora:

yeah me to! and I resent bikers who drive like that.  this one though apparently from what I was told, was a very careful rider, my dh is the same way, he goes a little under the speed limit, and is always looking out, an that helps a little but still cant control the other driver.  Just the other week there was a bike accident here these kids (like 20) where driving recklessly and hit a van, the one kid died the others are in the hospital needing reconstructive surgery. Its not that I dont feel bad for them, but they really need to be careful.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I'm always terrified that I'm going to hit a biker. It goes both ways tho. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bikers weaving in and out of traffic super fast, cutting people off, and just being plain wreckless.

Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I was Deion to visit family this weekend an this biker was in a leather best and some jeans, no helmet or anything. He was weaving in and out of traffic and kept drifting over to the other lane. I almost hit him three times due to him either pulling right out in frot f me or swerving so close to my car that I had to swerve onto the shoulder.

Quoting mistressflora:

yep. thats how my dh is, all leather and jeans, I see so many people riding in shorts and I just smh

Quoting Ashgambit:

My parents did rallies for a while. I was always waiting for that phone call. Thankfully I never got it. They've been in wrecks but they always had the leather supported jackets, helmets, jeans and/or riding pants, etc. they had a lot of friends die though. People just don't pay attention.

mistressflora
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM

thank you!

Quoting sugarcrisp:

My uncle is a biker and I worry about him often. I like when the weather in his area doesn't permit biking. lol

I hope this guy pulls through.

tarakay0417
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM
sending lots of prayers!
Caera
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I hate motorcycles.

My cousins FIL, a 63 year old man who's ridden motorcycles most of his life, just laid his bike down on a corner this past Thurs. He broke his leg in four places, had surgery to insert rods, pins, and screws, and is in a halo with open wounds. He's at risk for bone infections and improper healing, and he's too old to ever really recover. He's never going to be the same after this, and his a/c business is going to suffer, at a time when he can't afford for it to suffer.

All because he had to have a fucking motorcycle.

Just last week he was saying how careful he was, and his son replied, "It only takes one time."

Sadly he was right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)