Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am sad that things like this happen, all the time.

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh is a avid biker, and he has a bunch of biker friends from this forum he goes to (kinda like how I go here lol)  anyways, he just found out one of the guys friends was on his bike with his wife and a truck ran a red light and hit them, killing the wife instantly and hes in the hospital, they dont think he is going to make it.

I just wish people would be careful especially around bikers.  I get so scared with my dh going out, but its so much cheaper in gas, he takes it to work and I just lay there waiting for him to call saying he got in.  I am not saying its not always the bikers fault but  alot of the time it isnt. Its always someone saying ' i didnt see them" I see bikes when i am driving just fine.  These people have families, I just feel like people who cause any sort of accident dont think about that. No one should be on their cell phones, or really doing anything that would take that much distraction to take your eyes off the road like that! 

its depressing. I hope that guy lives. 

rant over 

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (31-38):
tiniowien
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Even at night they can be seen, and heard people just fail to look. 

Praying for ya 

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Mt friends dad was killed by someone who didn't see him on the 4th of July.
People just don't pay attention.
I'm sorry and praying for this guy and his family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spdy85
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:24 AM
They say when its like a croch rocket its the bikers fault but if its like a Harley or a bike like that it's the cars fault.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I'm always careful of bikers. However, you don't know how many times they've weaves around me in my blind spot or cut me off on a highway. I had to go into the next lane to not hit them.
ineedsabreak
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM
i have seen some young guys acting incredibly wreckless myself but I also worry when my husband is on his bike because all it takes is one idiot.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I'm always terrified that I'm going to hit a biker. It goes both ways tho. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bikers weaving in and out of traffic super fast, cutting people off, and just being plain wreckless.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Exactly. EVERYONE on the road needs to be cautious.

Quoting ineedsabreak:

i have seen some young guys acting incredibly wreckless myself but I also worry when my husband is on his bike because all it takes is one idiot.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I'm always terrified that I'm going to hit a biker. It goes both ways tho. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bikers weaving in and out of traffic super fast, cutting people off, and just being plain wreckless.

amanda.lyn
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Awe, so sorry for your loss. I don't know any bikers, but that would be scary.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I dated a guy who has a motorcycle.  I am always very aware of them.   My sympathies for the family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)