Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you were new to this site...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Did you feel at all weird about posting and replying? I'm not shy or anything, but I see a lot of people that have been here for years and have good friends. It makes me feel a little awkward, like I'm butting into a private conversation. It certainly doesn't stop me, I just wondered if I'm the only crazy one and if not, how long ittook to get used to it.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nolo82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I put my girl panties on, left my feelings at the door, & jumped right in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:08 AM
When I joined this site I was a teen mom and I was in a horrible relationship with my sons father and received a lot of bashing for it. I would vent and get basked plus I was a teenager so my replying wasn't particularly nice as well...needless to say I grew up. This was in 2006
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:08 AM
LOL I've been on here for years and when I first started I did feel awkward about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:09 AM
In this group, I was shocked at how mean some of the ladies are, so I never make a post in here, I will only reply. However, in some of the smaller, private groups I feel very comfortable not only replying, but also posting.
loisl25
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:09 AM
I don't remember, it was so long ago, but I'm still not that well known, so I might as well be new, lol. Just jump in. I know when I make a post, the more replies, the better, as long as they're not mean.
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:10 AM
I've been here for years and I still feel that way.
4Poodle
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people have personalities that mesh and they become close friends, other people hang at the edges, are well liked/respected but don't try to bond, and some are bat shit crazy. Don't let anyone run you off, just have fun and be you.

But if you aren't going to be you, be bat shit crazy. Jk......jk about the jk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I've been here since November 2007 .... I didn't really post much until April 2008 ... Lol
katemckenzie
by Kate on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I lurked threads for a long time before I ever replied or posted anything. Actually I think it took me a few months to even make an account.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I was a lurker for a long time. Since I started replying now I never shut up lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured