Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My b**** coworker is trying to get me fired because of my kid's needs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 466 Replies

I'm a single mom to an 8 year old and my daughter has some anxiety issues. They flare up especially at the beginning of the school year, and I have had to leave 5 times this week and last week already. 

I'm a manager at a company and work closely with another girl. She's 24, just out of college and obviously doesn't have any kids. We have a set amount of work that we need to get through a day. When I have to leave suddenly because my daugher is having a panic attack or can't calm down at school, she does have to pick up the slack for the rest of the day.

She is complaining to our bosses that it's unfair that I am leaving so often and leaving her with all the work. She's claiming I'm not pulling my weight. My boss wants to have a meeting tomorrow to discuss it.

I'm fuming. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:11 AM
31 moms liked this

Five times in two weeks is a lot :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
7 moms liked this

troll fail

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
You're wrong here.
Avarah
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
16 moms liked this

It IS unfair that she's required to do your work. Sorry that doesn't suit your needs, but it's true.

adrianasmommy07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
6 moms liked this
I can't blame her. It isn't her responsibility to pick up the slack at work because your kid has issues.
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
3 moms liked this

You need to figure out a better support network. So what she doesn't have kids that doesn't mean she should so more work.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
13 moms liked this

well youre not, so what do you expect?

good luck job hunting. if your kids issues are so severe, perhaps you should consider a different line of work. one where you wont be fucking over anyone that happens to have the unfortunate luck to be paired with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM

In a way she is right

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM
2 moms liked this

She is right.

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM
13 moms liked this

I understand that your daughter has anxiety, but your coworker is basically doing both her and your job. I can see if you had to leave like once or twice, but 5 is basically missing everyday of work. It is unfair for her to have to cover your ass ALL the time! Im sorry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN