Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My b**** coworker is trying to get me fired because of my kid's needs

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm a single mom to an 8 year old and my daughter has some anxiety issues. They flare up especially at the beginning of the school year, and I have had to leave 5 times this week and last week already. 

I'm a manager at a company and work closely with another girl. She's 24, just out of college and obviously doesn't have any kids. We have a set amount of work that we need to get through a day. When I have to leave suddenly because my daugher is having a panic attack or can't calm down at school, she does have to pick up the slack for the rest of the day.

She is complaining to our bosses that it's unfair that I am leaving so often and leaving her with all the work. She's claiming I'm not pulling my weight. My boss wants to have a meeting tomorrow to discuss it.

I'm fuming. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Replies (51-60):
Girl-Friday
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM

you're in the wrong.

Pincher
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:41 AM
2 moms liked this

FMLA anyone? If its a medical condition documented by her Doctor - you could probably use FMLA to keep your job protected. 

pookiward
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Why are you mad? I'm sorry your daughter has these problems but, it's not your coworkers fault and i can't blame her for being upset at a doubled work load.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a single mom to an 8 year old and my daughter has some anxiety issues. They flare up especially at the beginning of the school year, and I have had to leave 5 times this week and last week already. 

I'm a manager at a company and work closely with another girl. She's 24, just out of college and obviously doesn't have any kids. We have a set amount of work that we need to get through a day. When I have to leave suddenly because my daugher is having a panic attack or can't calm down at school, she does have to pick up the slack for the rest of the day.

She is complaining to our bosses that it's unfair that I am leaving so often and leaving her with all the work. She's claiming I'm not pulling my weight. My boss wants to have a meeting tomorrow to discuss it.

I'm fuming. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM

great, still my opinion that this is a troll.

Quoting ahappymommy:

Not necessarilya girl I worked with got fired because she wouldnt poop in the bathroom at work, she would leave for the day when she had to poop, it was terrible, she pretty much left everyday! People do stupid things!

Quoting Anonymous:

troll fail

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to get your kids anxiety under control because no job is going to allow you to keep leaving. And what is with this anxiety stuff that all of these kids seem to have. I think it's a bunch of bullshit. Every kid gets scared the first week of school. That warrants you to leave work every time your kid can't deal with life? Give me a break. I had a coworker that would call in sick at least once a week sometimes more because her daughter so called had anxiety and would fake being sick because she didnt want to go to school. I would have to pick up her slack and do her work. It got ridiculous and I complained to the office managerI didnt complain to my supervisor because she was friends with this girl and would let it slide. They had a talk with the girl and basically told her she had to stop calling in sick so much or she would get fired. You have to find a way to deal with this other than pushing your work duties on to someone else.
Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM
She's right! Its not fair that all the work load gets put on her! 5 Times in 1 week is A LOT
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I would be mad if I had to pick up someone elses slack. I have kids and would figure out something so I am not leaving all the time.  Is she one meds for the axiety issues? 

lindilouwho82
by Lindi on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

What if the roles were reversed?

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Does somebody have a tampon stuck in their ass? Why are you being so snarky and bitchy, take a deep breath and chill!

Quoting Anonymous:

great, still my opinion that this is a troll.

Quoting ahappymommy:

Not necessarilya girl I worked with got fired because she wouldnt poop in the bathroom at work, she would leave for the day when she had to poop, it was terrible, she pretty much left everyday! People do stupid things!

Quoting Anonymous:

troll fail

kaybayblee3
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Well if she's having panic attacks that often have you tried any other treatments for that? Sometimes you have to leave work but seems like you're leaving too often

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)