Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you own a vitamix?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Or a blendtec? I really want a vitamix, saw the demo at Costco!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Yes!!
crescentstar2
by Anne on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM

my MIL does and she loves that thing. I want one too but $400 is just something I don't wanna spend right now

ElitestJen
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Nope.  I love my Ninja, though.

anotherhalf
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Yep!  Got the one they demonstrated at Costco.  I make smoothies, pestos, soups.  I love it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Nope.
ZanderandBella
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

My FIL has a Vitamix...he just got it. I don't see the 'oooo' factor at all. My husband was all excited that he could make ice cream in it and I was just like, "I can make ice cream using milk, two ziplock bags, ice and rock salt. A lot cheaper than $100s."

Heather- Air Force Wife, Mom of two, Retired at age 25 thanks to It Works Global!
There are people that will tell you that you can't do it. They will even try to hold you back. However, it only means THEY can't do it. You can do anything you set your mind to and are willing to work hard to get.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I got mine from Qvc and make payments... I make smoothies, and have made soup, pulled chicken .. To each there own .. I'm sure there is something everyone likes that others don't see the oooo factor in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM
we have had both. several times each,
first we got a vitamix, it was cool, then saw the blendtec demo so we returned the vitamix because we wanted the pre sets the blendtec had, but then vitamix came out with the pre sets do we took the blendtec back and got the vitamix, had it for about 5 months, can't remember what happened and ended up taking it back and getting the blendtec.

after several months of the blendtec the bottom rubber thing by the motor started getting hot and eventually got cut up and came off.

we now have the vitamix with out pre sets.

it blends citrus peels better than blendtec. also blends pineapple core better. but the biggest difference is KALE, vitamix makes a WAY smoother KALE shake.

everything else is about the same. both machines are
awesome.
crochetmom07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Fail.

Quoting Anonymous:

I got mine from Qvc and make payments... I make smoothies, and have made soup, pulled chicken .. To each there own .. I'm sure there is something everyone likes that others don't see the oooo factor in.
rhiannonaisling
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Love it! My parents have a blendtec and they love it...they are both really good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)