Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Schools shouldn't be allowed

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

To have flowers in or OUTSIDE of the building. My child is allergic to bees and flowers attract them. She could die. (Seriously, 3 stings is all it takes and her Epi is all the way on the other side of the building in the office.) That's my opinion. If we're going to accomadate the kids with peanut and dairy allergies, they should accomadate for my child's as well.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
Caera
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:04 AM
17 moms liked this

Oh for fuck's sake.

Let's ban all possibly flowering plants, and hell - the bees themselves! - anywhere an allergic child might go. The park, the grocery store, your house (and you should be charged with child abuse! HOW DARE YOU ALLOW BEES AROUND YOUR CHILD!!), all your relatives and any poor kid who might be charged with assault with a deadly bee just because of those consipiring bees who were in on the playdate.

mama_of_two87
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:04 AM
The epipen should be with her teacher at all times if the allergy is that serious.
saywatuwill
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM
8 moms liked this

I see the point you are trying to make. I don't believe in limiting all children from something because some are allergic though... be it peanuts or bees. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Why are the peanut and dairy allergies more accomadated. I know they can't control nature, but they could at least try to minimize the problem by not planting a bunch of flowers outside and having the windows open with flowers in the classroom.

Quoting KawaiiPika:

It's a risk when sending a kid to public school. Trees attract bees and wasps as well, they will build a nest and fly 5 miles for a flower to feed from.

I am highly allergic as well so trust me I know the danger but;most are going to say pull your kid out the school or deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM
5 moms liked this
Oh dear lord, I grew up with a severe allergy to bee stings. 1 sting nearly killed me. I work outside in the garden, play outside with my kiddo. You just have to be aware of your surroundings, I was stung once in my 30 years but I didn't stop living my life, I just took more notice while outdoors and avoided the bees.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM
5 moms liked this

Well hell, they shouldn't be able to have dust anywhere in the school because that triggers my daughters allergies. Also, no trees anywhere because she is allergic to those too. And ragweed...none of that anywhere. How about no grass at all either. Turn the schools into hospitals and completely sterile environments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Why? I honestly don't know how these things work, I'm just curious to know how it could help her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, stays in the office until she's older.

Quoting Anonymous:

Shouldn't there be an epipen in her classroom? I'm not totally sure how those things work, but how would it help in the event of an emergency if it's across campus?

rphardwick
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Well I agree but for different reasons .... my kids school has these green bushes all around it and they smell like cat pee to me!

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:06 AM
5 moms liked this

homeschool, I'm sure you have neigbors that have flowers too, better move to the desert. Never and I mean NEVER prepare your child with some benadryl or other preventative measures, that will only show her that the world may not cater to her. We don't want to crush her spirit. Trollface

over40bride
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:06 AM
3 moms liked this

Why go anon? trolling? Looking for a fight? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)