Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Schools shouldn't be allowed

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

To have flowers in or OUTSIDE of the building. My child is allergic to bees and flowers attract them. She could die. (Seriously, 3 stings is all it takes and her Epi is all the way on the other side of the building in the office.) That's my opinion. If we're going to accomadate the kids with peanut and dairy allergies, they should accomadate for my child's as well.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Replies (151-160):
kyuteangl88
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
What exactly do you do outside of school? Are you gonna petition to have trees and flowers moved from your neighborhood, or elsewhere?
Sorry she has this allergy, but her odds of getting stung are low.
lilymomof5
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM

ummm...not gonna happen. most people like flowers.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, no one can wear cotton as one of my kids is allergic to cotton.

And no one can wear wool because another of my kids is allergic to wool.

And no one can were synthetic material as another kid is allergic to that so everyone has to go to school naked and they have to remove all the carpet and upholstery.

And due to their other allergies the school can't allow anything with peanut butter or strawberries or wheat or shellfish or beef or green vegetables or water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Do you think the places she goes should have to remove their flowers and trees too? It's un-avoidable.
An entire school shouldn't have to remove all of their trees and flowers for one child. I could see, maybe flowers around her classroom, but not the entire school.

Quoting taminick32:

I can't believe these moms, I would rather the school not have any plants or flowers if it would save your child's life. Not having those flowers is not effecting any other child with negative repercussions.



I am on the opposite side of the peanut butter, some kids will starve if they are not allowed to have peanut butter sandwich at lunch.

Children who have food allergies need to be taught at home not to eat others food.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Uhm, im allergic to BS i think cm needs to get rid of a bunch of you...
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM
bees didn't usually go around stinging people for fun. Teach your child to be cautious. Or send your kid to a barron school.
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I've only been stung once in my life. Not at a school. My girls have never been stung.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM
So you're okay with removing flowers, but not okay with removing peanut butter, even though it goes beyond sharing food. If a child didn't wash their hands after eating peanut butter, they pose a danger to a kid with that specific allergy. Not to mention the TONS of peanut butter substitutes, that are tastier and healthy.


Also, first world problems if a child doesn't want to eat something other than pb&j. Because if they were starving - they'd eat what's in front of them.


Quoting taminick32:

I can't believe these moms, I would rather the school not have any plants or flowers if it would save your child's life. Not having those flowers is not effecting any other child with negative repercussions.



I am on the opposite side of the peanut butter, some kids will starve if they are not allowed to have peanut butter sandwich at lunch.

Children who have food allergies need to be taught at home not to eat others food.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM
my child has never been stung either, And myself only once. And I was stung because I was running barefoot in the grass and STEPPED on the bee.

Quoting lnrmom:

I've only been stung once in my life. Not at a school. My girls have never been stung.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)



Featured