Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

trying to lose weight but im stuck!! pick (edit) k

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:14 AM
  • 93 Replies

Mobile Photo

I have been trying to lose weight since Feb. I was 5'9 215/220 I'm now at 196 and seem to be stuck, I eat two to three meals a day nothing but water, no sweets or fatty food. I'm living off chicken, veggies, fruit, and occasionally pork chops and steak yum lol. I eat yougurt to help my sweet tooth or fruit.

I ride my bike or walk every day to and from work and sometimes to the store. I'm at lost at what else to do!! Excuse my PJs, panties and stretch marks lol. I was standing on my toes to get the pic in the mirror!

Yes I'm aware I'm over weight and aware I have stretch marks and a loose belly, 3 kids and last resulting in a c section does that!

Other pic in replies

Edit: I past my hump and happy to say I'm at 190 now!! Just weighed myself!! I have 30-40 to go!
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Mobile Photo

Excuse the messy bathroom
Syphon
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Resistance training (weights or body resistance)

amanda_n_e
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Do you count calories?
That's what finally got me going.
I use myfitnesspal
dlnimo
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:19 AM
3 moms liked this
Are you eating enough calories? Try using a site like myfitnesspal.com to track what you eat. Not eating enough calories can hurt you just as much as eating too many!
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:20 AM
No I prob should, is that a ap or site? I have android and willing to try it! Has it been working pretty good for you?

Quoting amanda_n_e:

Do you count calories?

I use myfitnesspal

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I never thought of that, I eat snacks between meals but its always either fruit or yogurt, the only big carb I eat is pasta but I do that once a week.

Quoting dlnimo:

Are you eating enough calories? Try using a site like myfitnesspal.com to track what you eat. Not eating enough calories can hurt you just as much as eating too many!

Mak33012
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Try eating smaller meals more frequently, like 3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks in between. Aim for low carb and high fiber high protein foods. Eat food that are not processed whenever you can. Try to make substitutions where you can. For example, I no longer eat mashed potatoes or rice, I use cauliflower instead. That way I'm adding a veggie and cutting down the carbs. Most importantly keep up the good work! Good luck :)
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Swap some of that fruit and yogurt with protein rich snacks with less sugar and make sure you're drinking a lot of water.

It's also a good time to increase your workout, you'll have to keep ramping it up.

Quoting anonymous12308:

I never thought of that, I eat snacks between meals but its always either fruit or yogurt, the only big carb I eat is pasta but I do that once a week.

Quoting dlnimo:

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Thanks for the advice!! Its been a hard road but I'm not giving up I miss my old body lol.

Quoting Mak33012:

Try eating smaller meals more frequently, like 3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks in between. Aim for low carb and high fiber high protein foods. Eat food that are not processed whenever you can. Try to make substitutions where you can. For example, I no longer eat mashed potatoes or rice, I use cauliflower instead. That way I'm adding a veggie and cutting down the carbs. Most importantly keep up the good work! Good luck :)

amanda_n_e
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:31 AM
its a free app. I love it! I was eating much more than I thought I was and that's why it wasn't working. When I started counting the calories I started paying more attention to portions. I've now lost 40 pounds:)

Quoting anonymous12308:

No I prob should, is that a ap or site? I have android and willing to try it! Has it been working pretty good for you?

Quoting amanda_n_e:

Do you count calories?

I use myfitnesspal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN