Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Eating Healthy?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 27 Replies
Ok, I need some ideas, please! I'm wanting to eat a little healthier than I normally do, especially for breakfast. I have 2 main problems, I don't have much money to spend on food for myself and I DON'T eat eggs. So does anyone have any recipes and/or advice for me?
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Oatmeal is a great thing to eat for breakfast.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Why dont you eat eggs? Greek or goat milk yogurt, Breakfast smoothies, cereal low in sugar, oatmeal with fruit.
alc4evermom
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Beans and rice

krazymom2boyz
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM
The taste, texture, even the smell of them cooking can make me nauseous! I've not liked them since I was a little kid.

Quoting Hanab818:

Why dont you eat eggs? Greek or goat milk yogurt, Breakfast smoothies, cereal low in sugar, oatmeal with fruit.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Ooh ok. I was wondering if it was an allergy because then I would suggest egg substitute.

Quoting krazymom2boyz:

The taste, texture, even the smell of them cooking can make me nauseous! I've not liked them since I was a little kid.

Quoting Hanab818:

krazymom2boyz
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Like fruit smoothies? That's a pretty good idea!

Quoting Hanab818:

mstricey
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Yogurt, fruit, whole wheat waffle, quinoa with salsa(homemade, I love pico de gallo), oatmeal, granola,
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Yup, I do fruit with almond milk or greek yogurt. There are tons of differnt ones. Search on pinterest they have some really good ones.

Quoting krazymom2boyz:

Like fruit smoothies? That's a pretty good idea!

Quoting Hanab818:

krazymom2boyz
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I expect you aren't referring to the packets you add water to and cook in the microwave. So, how do you make yours? Do you get the quick cook oats and as your own fruit?

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Oh man, I just threw a suggestion out based on the fact that I'm a nurse and know nutrition. I can most assuredly tell you that if I ate oatmeal for breakfast, it's definitely gonna be the peaches 'n cream packet-type oatmeal. Though I'd much rather eat a steady diet of rare prime rib and garlic mashed potatoes. One of these days, I'll actually get around to eating healthy. But not now. LOL

Quoting krazymom2boyz:

I expect you aren't referring to the packets you add water to and cook in the microwave. So, how do you make yours? Do you get the quick cook oats and as your own fruit?

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN