Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O What does a "good" packed school lunch look like?

Posted by   + Show Post

...maybe I should say "good enough" instead?  Surely there is an acceptable middle ground between an all-natural bento box with exotic animal shaped food and a smushed greasy brown bag full of Twinkies and Kool-Aid!  :-)

So what do you consider to be the minimum requirements for a packed lunch for an elementary school-aged kid?  What would you consider ideal? 

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (801-805):
CMay2CK
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Yikes!  You weren't kidding.  I may still buy one though. 

Quoting Bellarose0212:

http://www.planetbox.com/

They are super expensive, ours was a gift. There are cheaper bento options out there though.

http://www.allthingsforsale.com/

Quoting CMay2CK:

I want the box!!  Where the heck did you find it?  LOVE it!

meaganmac
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM
My kids usually get leftovers in a thermos cup and then 5 "extras", consisting of 2 fruits or vegetables, a piece of cheese, a yogurt and then a treat. And by treat I mean something packaged like a granola bar, fruit snacks or apple sauce. They take their water bottles and at lunch time get chocolate milk. Neither of them likes white milk so chocolate milk is better than no milk at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 109 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM
i would pack my son a sandwich on gluten free bread, some veggies, half an apple, and water. I would do only organic and gluten free. Nothing processed like crackers or chips. and not a lot of fruit. Lots of fruit(fructose) can cause pancreatic cancer...veggies are much better.
_coldcoffee_
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM

a little somethin from all food groups imo

Mommy2ETnBM
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM

My 11 year old takes either a turkey and swiss sandwich or leftovers from dinner the night before, plus a fruit and a bottled water. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)