Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This has been one more hell of a day! * long *

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 13 Replies
And I'm glad its almost over!

First off, this morning, after getting DD on the bus, I laid back down to take a nap. Woke up to my neck still in pain, with it being only a tiny bit better. Went about my day as best I could, and began gathering up my coupons and papers for my last trip for at least a good 2 months. I had everything gathered up, and was almost out the door, when the phone rang. It was my mom, wanting me to stop by and grab her meds for her. Okay. No problem. I finally get out to my car and a bug lands on my hair. I'm swatting at it, and my hand bumps my glasses. I hear a small crack, and think * oh god the lens just broke. *. I took them off, and my damn frame has cracked all the way through!

Side trip to the optometrist- I get there, and ask about new frames. Usually its about $20 to replace frames, but they didn't have the style I have anymore. So they have to order them....which could take a week. Then they tell me its $80 for new frames!!!!!! FML! However......the receptionist knows me, and knows the issues I have had with the optometrist's lab before ( they screwed up my glasses 3 times before I got them ) and said they would only charge me $35, so its a bit better on that, and she said she would put a rush order on the frames so I should have them by the first of the week.

I get to my store- I go in with my binder, and get all my stuff, which was a good sized buggy full of stuff. I get up to the register, and apologize to the cashier. Of course, I would have to get the newbie guy! He had no idea what he was doing. I tried to help as much as I could, but he got snippy with me and started being rude. I had no idea that the register's had a scan limit on them, and apparently, I had reached it with not even a fourth of my coupons scanned. Boy was the cashier pissed off then! I apologized profusely, but it didn't do any good. A CSR came over, and finally fixed the register, but she had to clear out the whole transaction! I divided it up into 2 with 3 items of each thing, and things went through then, but by then both the cashier and I were tired of it, he was irritated, and so was I. The one good thing about it all is that I saved almost $250!

I get to the pharmacy- I go to the drive through lane, only to be told that my mom's meds aren't ready, even though she called 3 HOURS beforehand to make sure they were ready for pick up! I pulled over into a parking spot, got out, and as soon as I shut my door, the lens to my glasses falls out! FML again! I go in, holding my glasses, hoping and praying that I don't bump into anything and break it. I make it back to the pharmacy counter, and ask for a small piece of tape for my glasses. You'd think I had tried to rob the place the way the girl acted! Another worker brought me a piece, and told the other girl that * it's just a piece of tape! Geesh. *. I got my glasses fixed ( well, taped up ) and they finally had my mom's meds fixed. I got them and headed to her house.

I finally made it back home, and honestly? After today, I don't think I will ever run errands like I did today ever again!

How was your day?
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Bump
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Oh yeah you need a long bubble bath with your favorite drink (adult or not). Lol
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:37 PM
That would be very nice. Instead of a drink though, I'd like a book.

Quoting bleumonster:

Oh yeah you need a long bubble bath with your favorite drink (adult or not). Lol
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:38 PM
bump
NikkiPitt0805
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Long and boring. I hate that your day went so bad. Look at it this way, tomorrow can only be better!

Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I hope so! It couldn't get any worse!

Quoting NikkiPitt0805:

Long and boring. I hate that your day went so bad. Look at it this way, tomorrow can only be better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Crappy. I work in retail, and most days it's ok, and I really do love my job and my customers, but I swear, every single idiot for a 60 mile radius came through my line today. I guess they were crawling out of the woodwork, or out from under their rock or something, not sure what. Just glad the day's over, and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I wish I could find a good one that I haven't read that doesn't cost $12 lol.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

That would be very nice. Instead of a drink though, I'd like a book.

Quoting bleumonster:

Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM
My day sucked bad. Lets just say I'm finally in bed next to 2 of my 4 kids trying to wind down and hold back tears. Hope you have a better day tomorrow!
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM
What happened? Are you okay?

Quoting Beenhereforever:

My day sucked bad. Lets just say I'm finally in bed next to 2 of my 4 kids trying to wind down and hold back tears. Hope you have a better day tomorrow!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)