Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Man child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

I don't know if this is just a vent or a question..maybe a little bit of both.---So my husband is basically one big man child. He throws tantrums over the littlest s****.. Pretty much been that way for years now. It's been getting worse and worse.

Made a comment with dinner, he throws a bottle across the room and starts cussing. Waiting on him to get something done he blames it on my not "trusting him". Today, we were trying to decide on what to eat for dinner. I came in the room still wearing scrubs and he points at them and does the "what?" gesture. When I say "they're scrubs" and he goes "Yeah, I know. I thought we were going to eat out?" He was complaining how tired he was earlier (He works nights) and I told him I figured we would get something quick since he was probably tired. Well he throws something against the ground and goes "I've been craving chinese food forever!" Yeah well I've been craving mexican food for awhile. You don't see me throwing hissy fits. Thats just a FEW of episodes that he does.

*Please try not to bash too much* Before you guys go into the "leave his a**" and whatnot. We're pretty much almost done with our marriage. We have a lot of fights, and we are TRYING to fix what is left and are going to marriage counseling.

when he does that crap, what should I do? Or say? And yes, I'm being serious because he doesn't take any type of hint that he's like this and when I mention it he claims I'm just making a molehill into a mountain and denies ever doing it. His family makes excuses for this behavior so it's almost a lost cause to ask them to talk to him.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amnesialand69
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Record him throwing a fit and show it to him. Hope things get better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I've thought about doing that to him. I do tell how ridiculous he sounds and looks. When it comes up during therapy he just shakes his head and goes "thats not how it went"

Quoting amnesialand69:

Record him throwing a fit and show it to him. Hope things get better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM

record him and show it to him afterward. *sorry, didn't read the replies before posting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM

It almost happens too fast get the camera up on my phone when I do, he's done

Quoting Anonymous:

record him and show it to him afterward. *sorry, didn't read the replies before posting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM

But he has destroyed things in our house from it, he has punched holes in walls, torn up things, etc. His family sees it and thinks its FUNNY! Wtf?

FireMoonGypsy
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I was told to just not even play into it. Treat it like you're a single mom, do the stuff for you and your kid and let the whiny vagina grow a pair and start taking care of things and doing things without the bitch fit. 

I'm not sure if you're going to be able to salvage the marriage, but I really do commend you for trying. Unfortunately his parents failed him and he's too self centered to acknowledge he has a problem. When we can't self reflect we can't become self aware and that means we can't grow as people. You don't know what to fix if you refuse to see there's a problem. People like that blind themselves to who they truly are, and it's REALLY hard to change that sort of mentality. Not impossible, nothing's impossible, but it's highly unlikely. 

The good news is that there are still MEN out there. Not sniffling, blubbering sorry excuses for men, but actual, honest to goodness MEN. I hope for the sake of the marriage he has an amazing epiphany and does a complete 180. Will it happen? I've no clue. But if it unfortunately doesn't, take solace in the fact that there is an actual man out there who will treat you the way you deserved to be treated. 

Keep your chin up. Good luck. 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Someone told me to tell him the next time he wants to have sex or something say "You act like a child. Children don't have sex"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Throwing bottles? You pack the kids up and leave!
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:15 PM
4 moms liked this
Next time he throws something and yells, throw yourself on the floor and start kicking and screaming. If he asks you what the hell you're doing, tell him that you're acting as childish as he is.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

He needs the ignore treatment......you need to carry on with your life like he's not there when he acts like that, don't talk to him, do for him, answer him, look at him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)