Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They said I was not mature enough!!

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
A teenage girl under the age of 18 has "consentual" sex with an adult male. That male then gets charged with statutory rape. The reason: a teenager is not mature enough to fully comprehend the consequences of sex and an adult (usually) is.

A teenager (under 18) has sex with another teenager (also under 18) and gets pregnant. She gets to make the decision to abort or put the baby up for adoption or to become a teen mom.

If a teenager isn't mature enough to understand the consequences of having sex young how can she be mature enough to understand the consequences of any decision regarding what to do with a pregnancy? If she isn't mature enough to make a responsible decision regarding sex then she definately isn't mature enough to make a responsible decision regarding a future child.

Thoughts?
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Guess it depends on how you see it. 

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Bam!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this

You make a good point.

CGM2012
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I think a lot of statutory rape charges are stupid. If the teen gives consent, rape goes out the window imo.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

That makes sense. And somehow that makes it wrong.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:52 AM
That's a great point. Just like the difference between 18 and 21. I think people are only as nature as they want to be. :)
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM
5 moms liked this

The second the girl became pregnant........she instantly was mature enough to understand the consequences of having sex................

imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this
If you can join the military you are mature enough.
bannannagirl
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Um, I don't care how fast ass a girl is a 14 year old is not an adult and therefore if she has sex with someone who is 18 or older, it isn't that she doesn't understand it is just illegal, as it should be. However, this is a great debate for birth control and pro choice....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)