Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you one of those couples....

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM
  • 103 Replies
1 mom liked this
Who get along better or have a better relationship when your not together often?
I have heard a lot of people say this. They are better if they aren't together everyday.
I know someone who's hubby works in a different state and only comes home on the weekends. They actually split up for a while because they were together to much. When they realized they are fine if apart more, they got back together.
Dh and i on the other hand love to be together all the time. We do enjoy getting out with friends, but we also have no problem being just us most of the time. I couldn't imagine being married to someone i couldn't be around everyday.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
When DH is laid off I wanna punch him... Often. He's here too much. When he's working I wish he was laid off because I'm lonely. Lol
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM
3 moms liked this
No.

We're together 16 hours a day.

Have been for the last 19 years.

We hate being apart.
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:17 AM
No we love being together
waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Nope, my husband is home everyday all day. We get along great.

momof4in29
2 moms liked this
My husband works alot so im alone with the baby alot cause my other two are in school but when he is home I appreciate what time we do get :)
SomeFriedOreos
No. Him being deployed is KILLING me lol
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:19 AM

No. When DH and I are away from each other we tend to fight more because we are so miserable apart. LOL. 

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way......

Quoting TexasGirl90:

When DH is laid off I wanna punch him... Often. He's here too much. When he's working I wish he was laid off because I'm lonely. Lol
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:21 AM

We're not. We're much better the more time we spend together. Sometimes he drives me nuts, but never to the point of wanting more than a room between us for a few hours. I barely get to see him during the week because of his crazy work schedule, and it's been hard. 

I am NOT Karl. But I might still eat your hands.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:21 AM

We love being together but we are also very independent and are not clingy.  My husband is high ranking military and is gone often I think both of us being the way we are has allowed us to have a successful marriage and be great parents. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)