Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crazy Facebook Lady edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

I'm a part of a local Facebook group for local events. Somebody who works at the fire department wants to do something for Halloween for the kids. Either a tour or a kids haunted house. A few commented preferring a tour, a few for the haunted house. Then a crazy moment occurs.

Here's a fun crazy portion of that. I'm blocked out in purple, crazy lady is in black.

I'm posting anon in the CHANCE that somebody here is also a member of that group.

ETA This is supposed to be a haunted house for kids. The person thinking of setting it up is thinking of putting those blow up cartoonish looking ghosts and 'googly eyed' spiders and stuff around. I think it sounds cute and fun and very similar to other kids haunted houses I've been to. Nothing scary at all. Remember keywords Kid. Friendly.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

This shit is funny. I think she belongs on CM.

Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think she sounds crazy but I think saying that you were calling her out was weird. I understand taking kids to a Halloween event that you understand to be kid-friendly and I understand thinking that a haunted house would freak out a little kid. So, both of those POVs sound reasonable to me. She did seem to weirdly over-react to your response.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I think YOU sound crazy not her, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:34 AM

HEY! How dare you put our conversation on here! My kid would be so freaked out and I needed more information! I am just trying to be a good mom and here you are making fun of me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Hence my calling her crazy. If she reacts like this to all things in her life, she's gunna have blood pressure issues be the time she's 30. (She's young according to her FB.)

I LOL'd at her 'WOW!' statement. Yes- wow indeed. You're acting off kilter.

Quoting Bellarose0212:

I don't think she sounds crazy but I think saying that you were calling her out was weird. I understand taking kids to a Halloween event that you understand to be kid-friendly and I understand thinking that a haunted house would freak out a little kid. So, both of those POVs sound reasonable to me. She did seem to weirdly over-react to your response.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I'm a bitch. That's what I hear!

Quoting Anonymous:

HEY! How dare you put our conversation on here! My kid would be so freaked out and I needed more information! I am just trying to be a good mom and here you are making fun of me!

strtngovrmom
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:35 AM

i don't like haunted houses either, i dont take my girls, but their daddy does. they r 7 n 10 and love HH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

lol Seriously!? I was nice and she freaks out. But I'm the crazy one...? bahahaha ooookkaaaayyyy

Quoting Sassy762:

I think YOU sound crazy not her, lol

poohbearkfc
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be feeling the same way as her. I would have to know for sure that it wouldn't be scarry. She doesn't sound crazy to me.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she doesn't understand in a thread you mention the name so she knows you're talking to her.
She doesn't sound crazy, but she does sounds like one of those stick in the mud letting her kid ruin it for everyone types.

Her kid is too young for a haunted house, don't take him. It's that simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)