Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oak Harbor Moms? (please at least bump!)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I grew up in Oak Harbor WA. And I havent been there for 20 years.  Im moving back soon. 
I was wondering if any ladies on CM are from Oak Harbor, and could tell me what has changed? (I already know that Kow Korner is gone. But I also just found out WoodBee Christmas Tree Farm is gone?!?!?! 

What else is different?!?!  

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:23 AM

They changed the "downtown" a lot...main street is now one way...they fixed it up a bit...its cute
The KFC is now a donut shop, they built a walmart...oh and there's a really good frozen yogurt place

My DH grew up there and his response when I asked him "what changed in the last 20yrs" was "nothing and everything"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Is it a super busy city? or is it semi calm? I know you werent there before when i was, but is it at least still a slower town? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I live close by there, but 20 years ago I lived in CT so I can't tell you much.

Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:25 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I left just when they were building the walmart :) 

theres no KFC anymore? damn. 

What about godfathers pizza? still there!?!?

i know mastens closed (if you remember, the candy shop downtown) 

Im mad though cause i wanted DD and DH to know the joys of a kow korner burger. and now they wont :( 

Quoting kelly617:

They changed the "downtown" a lot...main street is now one way...they fixed it up a bit...its cute
The KFC is now a donut shop, they built a walmart...oh and there's a really good frozen yogurt place

My DH grew up there and his response when I asked him "what changed in the last 20yrs" was "nothing and everything"

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks darling :) 

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Less busy than Langley I think, but I don't like Langley. OH downtown just had a music festival last weekend which was busy, not too crowded though. The area over by Walmart, Safeway, and a few other bigger stores is kinda rundown IMO, but there is a new plaza close by with some stuff that's nice. Overall it's calmer than what I'm used to in most places, but right now I live in Coupeville so Oak Harbor is quite a bit more busy than this quiet town.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it a super busy city? or is it semi calm? I know you werent there before when i was, but is it at least still a slower town? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:32 AM

lol my aunt lives in coupville, off of broadway (the ONLY reason i remember that, is because my cousin and I were in LOVE with dancing, and we used to pretend we were 'dancing on broadway' by dancing on broadway lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Less busy than Langley I think, but I don't like Langley. OH downtown just had a music festival last weekend which was busy, not too crowded though. The area over by Walmart, Safeway, and a few other bigger stores is kinda rundown IMO, but there is a new plaza close by with some stuff that's nice. Overall it's calmer than what I'm used to in most places, but right now I live in Coupeville so Oak Harbor is quite a bit more busy than this quiet town.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:34 AM

This is so awesome. Its such a small area compared to other cities, its so hard to find anyone else living on whedby island. lol. i cant wait to get out there again. first thing im doing is taking DH and DD to deception pass. I may not even hit the hotel first, we may just stop on our way into town lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Well then you know all too well how quiet it is here - not sure how long the hospital has been here, but that's pretty much the only way I ever hear noise from is ambulance. I think I am one of the only people on my street under 65. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

lol my aunt lives in coupville, off of broadway (the ONLY reason i remember that, is because my cousin and I were in LOVE with dancing, and we used to pretend we were 'dancing on broadway' by dancing on broadway lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:37 AM

lol my cousin is still out there. the byelicks. know them maybe (that would be weird lol) 

Im looking at the map though, and picture going north from coupville into OH, on hwy20. know where it turns east? when i was growing up, there was NOTHING west of hwy 20 right there except woods. its so weird to see all the stuff that wasnt there before. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well then you know all too well how quiet it is here - not sure how long the hospital has been here, but that's pretty much the only way I ever hear noise from is ambulance. I think I am one of the only people on my street under 65. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)