Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oak Harbor Moms? (please at least bump!)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I grew up in Oak Harbor WA. And I havent been there for 20 years.  Im moving back soon. 
I was wondering if any ladies on CM are from Oak Harbor, and could tell me what has changed? (I already know that Kow Korner is gone. But I also just found out WoodBee Christmas Tree Farm is gone?!?!?! 

What else is different?!?!  

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:43 AM
I don't really know anyone here yet, we just got here a few weeks ago. There sure is a lot to do for things being small. The community in both towns seem very interested in town activities, and supporting local business. We take the kids to the drive in up there going towards OH, and it's like $15 for all of us to go see a movie (or three if we felt like staying up all night). Lol I'm trying not to make a huge quote tree on your post here so this is in response to the reply mentioning your cousin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:49 AM

OOO do they still have the gocarts? or did they take that down? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't really know anyone here yet, we just got here a few weeks ago. There sure is a lot to do for things being small. The community in both towns seem very interested in town activities, and supporting local business. We take the kids to the drive in up there going towards OH, and it's like $15 for all of us to go see a movie (or three if we felt like staying up all night). Lol I'm trying not to make a huge quote tree on your post here so this is in response to the reply mentioning your cousin.

mishamama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:53 AM
I haven't been there in years, I'm more north Seattle. Last time though we went to the drive in theaters thats a little before it (I think?).
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:55 AM
They do. Dh just took dd in a princess themed one last Saturday, she loved it. They have a page bluefoxdrivein.com

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Katherine_Rose
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:01 AM

OMG DD is going to love that!! this is awesome. im glad at laest some of my childhood memories are still there!! all of my teachers have retired :( 

Quoting Anonymous:

They do. Dh just took dd in a princess themed one last Saturday, she loved it. They have a page bluefoxdrivein.com

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:01 AM

THe last time i went to the drive in up there was to see terminator 2 lol. 

Quoting mishamama:

I haven't been there in years, I'm more north Seattle. Last time though we went to the drive in theaters thats a little before it (I think?).

mishamama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Ooooih! I see its still open! I might have to make a drive there before they shut it because of the shitty weather!

Quoting Anonymous:

THe last time i went to the drive in up there was to see terminator 2 lol. 

Quoting mishamama:

Emmaleigha
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Not that far north haha but pretty close. I'm up in Whatcom co.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats good too :) up in canada? i havent been yet. We were RIGHT THERE, but i was too young according to my parents. they said canada was only for teenage beer runs back in the 80s lol 

Quoting Emmaleigha:

I'm more north

poohbearkfc
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:16 AM
I used to live there and manage the KFC. I did love living there. Walking downtown. It was beautiful. But I left about 4 1/2 years ago. Hoping to stop by next summer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured