Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH just yelled at me for something I don't know how to fix, need help

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't know what to do. My husband just finished cursing and yelling at me for something I don't know to fix. Since our baby has come home we lay him down in his bed at the first of the night and most of the time he sleeps ok in there but if he doesn't and I can't get him to calm down he'll sleep with us.
Now my biggest fear has always been our son falling out of the bed, and we have a yellow lab and sometimes the split second before I really wake up I'll think its our son when the dog jumps off the bed (probably sounds stupid but I'll see a whitish colour blur falling off the bed) and I bolt up right and try to catch him. The funny thing is most of the time our son isn't even in bed with us the times I do it, I don't think about it.
I'm not even really awake. But I just did it again and when I tried to explain why I do it he told me that was Bullsh*t and cursed at me for five minutes and yelled the f word a couple times, got mad at me that I needed to fix it and then turned as far away from me as he can. I hate swearing and he knows that. I don't swear myself so I always find it extra hurtful when he does at me, and I still don't know how to fix it. I'm not usually fully awake when I do it, my first memory is after I've already bolted up so does anyone know where I start to try to fix it?
UPDATE:
Like I said it doesn't usually happen when our babies in bed with us, and our dog doesn't sleep with us at the same time as our baby. When our baby sleeps in the bed with us I lock the dog out of the room.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Bella's right. You should leave your husband because he woke up out of a dead sleep and said a bad word. Then you should put your kid in daycare and try to find a decent job in this economy. Of course, you won't be able to, so you'll have to work two minimum wage jobs just to pay the bills. You'll have to go on welfare and section 8 and you'll never see your kid. He'll get caught up in a bad crowd, start dealing drugs and wind up getting ass raped in prison for the rest of his life.

Is that what you want? No?

Then I suggest you teach your kid to sleep on his own bed.
ncbirdie
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Side car the crib.  Take the front railing off the crib.  Bring the crib mattress up to the same level as your bed mattress.  Push the crib up against the bed.  Make sure that the crib mattress is flush with your mattress.  Use receiving blankets or pool noodles in the gap between the crib mattress and the back rail of the crib.

This allows you to bedshare without having to worry about the baby falling out of the bed.  It also gives baby his own space to sleep in.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:26 AM
2 moms liked this
tell your husband to stfu or sleep on the couch.
Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I don't think I said to leave him. I think I said that it shouldn't be okay for him to curse her out (especially for something she apparently has no control over).

Really- you don't know the difference between saying a curse word and cursing out your wife?

You think being cursed out by your spouse is acceptable?

Also, what on earth with that progression? Leaving your husband = kid ass raped in prison for EVERYONE? Yeah, okay.

Also, you seem to have misread. It doesn't seem that the argument was about the kid being in bed at all, but about her bolting upright instinctively EVEN WHEN THE BABY ISN'T THERE.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bella's right. You should leave your husband because he woke up out of a dead sleep and said a bad word. Then you should put your kid in daycare and try to find a decent job in this economy. Of course, you won't be able to, so you'll have to work two minimum wage jobs just to pay the bills. You'll have to go on welfare and section 8 and you'll never see your kid. He'll get caught up in a bad crowd, start dealing drugs and wind up getting ass raped in prison for the rest of his life.

Is that what you want? No?

Then I suggest you teach your kid to sleep on his own bed.

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:31 AM
The only problem I see is your husbands behavior. Acting like that in unacceptable. He is the one that needs to work on fixing things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:32 AM
You can't seriously think it's a good idea to cosleep with an infant and a Labrador retriever.
NBean311
by Chivette on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Your husband sounds like a boner face. He needs to learn to respect you and communicate in a healthy way. Are you disturbing his sleep? Maybe that's why he is cranky? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

You have too many things in bed with you. If you are that nervous while bed sharing you need to not do it any more. The dog needs to get off the bed too and sleep on the damn floor.

i agree, if the dog is not in the bed any longer, then u cant confuse it with your child for 1, 2, say something to his ass about snapping at you, start out civil, but if he gets loud put your foot down! you say u don't curse but in this case try it, he will know your serious and maybe back off a little. i'm not saying start an argument, but just be stern so u can at least tell him why u do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Our dog only sleeps in the bed if our son doesn't. We don't have the two together we lock the dog out and my husband likes the dog in the room with us but on the nights our son does sleep with us my husband usually is the one to suggest that as well because the baby is keeping him up. Thanks for any helpful comments, I've tried talking to him before though and he seems to think its something I should be able to control but I just don't know how.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Baby's or babies?? This post is confusing!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured