Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH just yelled at me for something I don't know how to fix, need help

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't know what to do. My husband just finished cursing and yelling at me for something I don't know to fix. Since our baby has come home we lay him down in his bed at the first of the night and most of the time he sleeps ok in there but if he doesn't and I can't get him to calm down he'll sleep with us.
Now my biggest fear has always been our son falling out of the bed, and we have a yellow lab and sometimes the split second before I really wake up I'll think its our son when the dog jumps off the bed (probably sounds stupid but I'll see a whitish colour blur falling off the bed) and I bolt up right and try to catch him. The funny thing is most of the time our son isn't even in bed with us the times I do it, I don't think about it.
I'm not even really awake. But I just did it again and when I tried to explain why I do it he told me that was Bullsh*t and cursed at me for five minutes and yelled the f word a couple times, got mad at me that I needed to fix it and then turned as far away from me as he can. I hate swearing and he knows that. I don't swear myself so I always find it extra hurtful when he does at me, and I still don't know how to fix it. I'm not usually fully awake when I do it, my first memory is after I've already bolted up so does anyone know where I start to try to fix it?
UPDATE:
Like I said it doesn't usually happen when our babies in bed with us, and our dog doesn't sleep with us at the same time as our baby. When our baby sleeps in the bed with us I lock the dog out of the room.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Replies (21-26):
petitekatie
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Keep the dog out of the bed. Then, he won't be able to jump down and disturb you. Simple. Also, make sure your husband knows it is NEVER ok to well at you like that.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:55 AM
First off all hell would break loose if dh talked to me like that.

Second. Maybe not allowing your dog or child to stay in bed with you? You cant jump to catch the dog if it doesn't jump out of your bed.
carleygirls
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:00 AM

[ if anyone saw what I just posted I didn't intend that for the original poster. if not 'water under the bridge' ]  

I think it's so NOT OKAY for your husband to get angry with you like you described.

First of all, you aren't "consciously" jerking awake. Although I don't have a dog, I used to jerk myself wake because I thought the baby was falling even though she was fine.

Second, if having the baby in bed has bothered or sleep deprived him, he should have at least mentioned it, so you are aware. 

Maybe it would be better and will start helping you not jerk awake, if you didn't have the dog in the bed anymore.

I co-sleep with my little one. Dad sleeps on the couch some of the time, because he says he gets up easier in the living room and just being in the room when she's hungry at night wakes him. I've tried to be quick to respond to the baby, so it doesn't bother him as much. But that's what works for us. You'll have to figure out a good normal for you, the baby, and that guy. 

IMHO.

Thewife06
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Don't let the dog in the room.  If the dog doesn't startle you then you don't bolt up.  Problem solved.  Is your hubby sleep deprived?  I know not getting enough sleep makes me bitchy, but my husband even more so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:13 AM
My husband likes having the dog in the bed with us, I think that's why he said it was BS, but I never minded having the dog there before, but it really is what happens
carleygirls
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:16 AM

okay so I think I'm just totally loopy at this hour, but I'm going to say this anyway.  Tell your guy to hold in his farts at night! Let's see him trying reversing that in his sleep. or hey we might be surprised, you might catch him flexing his maximus glutonous(clenching) during the night.  LOL!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)