Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No character backpacks or clothing.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 417 Replies
14 moms liked this
Really? You don't allow this for your kids?
Why? Does it hurt them somehow? How about let your kids be kids. Let them enjoy it while they can.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:24 AM
5 moms liked this

My son is autistic and his t-shirts are how he expresses himself. He has lots of different ones.

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids are adults. However when they were in school, no I didnt allow it. I didnt want them to be bully targets. So they had name brand only, no characters.
Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:25 AM
12 moms liked this
The character backpacks always seem to fall apart, so I avoid them.

My kids are allowed to wear their favorite characters to play and sleep, but I'm mean and don't allow it for school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I HATE character clothing...but I do allow them to wear it. Not every day, but sometimes.

Back packs don't bother me, it's not like they walk around all day, every day with their back pack.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Um... okay? It' that parents right & choice to get a backpack they feel their child needs. IMO I think it's a smart idea. Because tastes change & backpacks (especially character ones typically) are expensive! I want something my kid is going to be able to use for at least 3 years if not more. I don't want nor can I afford to be buying a new bag every year for each kid. That would be $100 a year on bags- IF they don't rip or break because they are plastic! 

ETA (didn't see the clothing part): I could care less about the clothing. My kids have a dress code at school that doesn't allow it. But on the weekends sure- no problem for me. We only buy Super hero though- nothing like SpongeBob or Disney or whatever. Why super hero? Because they are timeless & classics. Disney fads come & go. 

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not a fan of character stuff because I think it can look tacky, but my kids like it so I let them get it.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:26 AM
3 moms liked this
No characters in this house (mickey, minnie, disney stuff), I just don't like that type clothing. My girl's are very happy with what they wear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:28 AM
3 moms liked this

The poor moms must be soooo jealous of you.

Quoting lapcounter:

No characters in this house (mickey, minnie, disney stuff), I just don't like that type clothing. My girl's are very happy with what they wear.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I dont like character stuff much, I dont think kids not wearing character clothing has anything to do with not letting them be a kid! My daughter has some pjs with Dora on them that she really wanted, thats fine they are worn inside the house.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:30 AM
I'm surr dear, apparently you're one that didn't get the post, LOL.

Quoting Anonymous:

The poor moms must be soooo jealous of you.

Quoting lapcounter:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)