Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom Delivers Baby Herself Then Tries to Hide It From Husband?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 81 Replies

Mom Delivers Baby Herself Then Tries to Hide It From Husband

by Mary Fischer

Katrena Leonard baby

While rushing to the hospital driving at 80 miles per hour, a Georgia mom delivered her own baby right there in the front seat of the car by literally catching her inside of the dress she was wearing.

Katrena Leonard now realizes that she waited a bit too long to head to the hospital to have her third child and even admits to yelling, "Kylie (the new baby's name) -- no!," as her baby daughter was making her entrance into the world in the passenger seat. But apparently the little girl wasn't too concerned with obeying her mother's wishes.

And if delivering her own baby wasn't enough, wait until you hear Katrena describe what went down after the birth.

Check out this video clip to hear her account of her wild ride.

OMG. Bless her heart. Can you believe she was so worried about her husband Terrance freaking out and wrecking the car that she actually attempted to hide the fact that she'd just pushed out a baby from him?!? Aww. What a doll. I hope this dude realizes what an unselfish and amazing wife he has! (I probably would've been screaming my head off in her situation.)

And how about when they finally arrived at the hospital -- and the nurses and medical staff didn't even believe she'd given birth? Talk about a crazy delivery experience. Katrena truly had the ultimate trifecta of surprises. How many other moms can say they delivered their kid, concealed her from her father, and then had to convince people of her birth once she showed up at the hospital?

Would you be able to stay calm if your baby was born in the car?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM
3 moms liked this

I would NOT have been so calm, lol.

That is one cute baby though.

chicklopez
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

yep. as long as my next pregnancy is like my first, zero complications. (Typical for my kids, my dd is the easiest child ever, my boys are crazy!)

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this
How would the medical staff have not believed she gave birth? Isn't it pretty easy to tell?
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Pretty fucking stupid speeding. They were more likely to have an accident than have a birth complication. 

Mamaof3and1tobe
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Holy hell! I'd have been freaking out so bad lol more power to her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiPitt0805
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I don't think I would have been that calm. 

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Didn't the baby cry?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM
More than likely they were probably on the interstate and not the main road

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Pretty fucking stupid speeding. They were more likely to have an accident than have a birth complication. 

SiriSilasMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I wouldn't have been able to see straight let alone drive myself. Those contractions are a bitch.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I would hate to have to clean that mess up, but after my first two, I would probably have been pretty calm myself, my ex on the other hand would have freaked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)