Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should my DH take the job or not

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

My son just started kindergarten two weeks ago and has had a realy hard time adjusting. He went on the wrong bus one of the days and had to be brought back to school. Well my DH has been staying home with him up until now but just got a job offer at a call center (not that that is a ton of money but it is an income) 

well now we are worried about my DS and how that is going to affect him. I am in school on wednesdays until 5 and he gets out at 2:20 (it is their early day) and so he would have to go to an after school program. The problem is he has problems with getting on the bus and already has someone help him on it every day (we asked for that until he gets used to it) well that means that on ONLY wednesdays he would have to get on another bus. It seems like a lot to ask for someone to put him on the regular bus and then on wednesdays make sure he gets on the regular bus. I dont think it it will be much longer for him to get used to the regular bus (he was doing fine until he got on the wrong one on accident but that really scared him so it was like we had to "start over" almost) but I dont know if he will be able to to know on wednesdays only he has to go on the other bus. He knows what days are wednesdays and we can tell him he needs to go to the after school program but I am worried that he will either just get on the bus like normal and not think about it or something. If he gets on the school bus and comes home there will be no one here from him. Is it to much to ask them to put him on the other bus on wed. when we are already asking them to make sure he gets on the right bus already? i dont want to be one of "those moms". This is the first time he has ever ridden the bus and he always did great in preschool but he is having problems with the buses.

I almost am too scared that if my DH takes this job something bad with happen so idk 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:06 AM

BUMP!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

lots of kids have different schedules based on the day of the week, he and the staff will work it out just fine

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I feel like you read my mind a million times a day...

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

lots of kids have different schedules based on the day of the week, he and the staff will work it out just fine

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Well most kids have no problem getting on buses themselves my son has issues with it which is why I am worried. I mean all the people are humans and can make errors i am just worried that it will happen and we wont know until hours later 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I think you are over estimating most Kindergartners.

Schools deal with this kind of stuff all of the time, they can handle it

Quoting Anonymous:

Well most kids have no problem getting on buses themselves my son has issues with it which is why I am worried. I mean all the people are humans and can make errors i am just worried that it will happen and we wont know until hours later 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

mistie900
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I think you should ask them to keep an eye on him. My kids know they have daycare two days a week. They know every week on Monday and Tuesday they go on the daycare bus. My dd was fine with it last year in kindergarten and so far my ds is doing fine with it this year in kindergarten. The school should help younger kids at least. I know at our school the teachers have it posted so she knows who goes where. They won't change the plan without a note or phone call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM

The staff already made an error the first week with him getting on the wrong bus (at that point staff was helping all K students) and he got on the wrong bus and off at stop and the bus driver almost took off and left him but he started crying and a parent say 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Get an in home sitter, or see if a nearby neighbor or mother of one of his friends wants to do it. Or do a sitting swap. Solves the bus issue anyhow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM

An inhome sitter would probably be way to much. The only neighbors we have around here do not even speak english. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Get an in home sitter, or see if a nearby neighbor or mother of one of his friends wants to do it. Or do a sitting swap. Solves the bus issue anyhow.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM

it sounds like you have already made up your mind that DH shouldn't take the job, so why ask for advice?

Quoting Anonymous:

The staff already made an error the first week with him getting on the wrong bus (at that point staff was helping all K students) and he got on the wrong bus and off at stop and the bus driver almost took off and left him but he started crying and a parent say 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)