Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This. Is a little irritating edit: 10 Minutes late already.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
When schools have meetings for the parents why does it seem they never start on time?

Last year every meeting was about 30 minutes late getting started.

Its a bit bothersome that I make an effort to be on time and then waste my time waiting on the other parents. Thoughts?

Edit: I'm here and as usual they are not starting yet. Actually the first thing I heard was we are goIng to wait a few minutes....lol!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM

then just go late

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM

If I had to wait half an hour for that, I would get up, walk out of there and reschedule, making a point of asking them to please start at scheduled time the next time. In my opinion, if I can respect their time enough to show up at or before schedule, the least they could do to return the courtesy is to begin on time.

Caera
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Because most parents are running late, and they want to talk to as many parents as possible.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Lmao, I guess everyone is running on CP time now, huh?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM

It is annoying, but it's not the teachers fault when other parents are late. Its just one of those things that you have to deal with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM
That's how I feel too.

Last year they were more than half an hour late I know.

Also, they asked me to draw up a proposal I had for a fundraiser and after all my work they never responded!

I didn't want to muddy the water for my sophomore but I think I will leave if I have to wait over 20 minutes tonight.

They aren't teaching the parents to be prompt by waitin for them to show up. They are teaching the ones who are on time that they don't mean what they say.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

If I had to wait half an hour for that, I would get up, walk out of there and reschedule, making a point of asking them to please start at scheduled time the next time. In my opinion, if I can respect their time enough to show up at or before schedule, the least they could do to return the courtesy is to begin on time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Why are they running late? I work, school etc. I'm on time. If they see parents can't make it on time then they should make it later. And then start without them! Maybe next time they will be there. This is a college prep meeting group for their college bound program.

Quoting Caera:

Because most parents are running late, and they want to talk to as many parents as possible.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Lack of punctuality is disrespectful. I try to be on time every time for every appointment, and prefer to be five minutes early.

Sometimes I'm running late with a kid emergency, but even then it's never more than a few minutes.

NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I do not mind. I want to spend as much time as I need with the teacher, so I respect other parents want to do so also.

Happy Fall!!!!

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Precisely, Besides, how is waiting for the person who's late teaching them anything, except maybe that it's okay to be late and that they will wait the next time too. It's rude and disrespecful to the people who were on time.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's how I feel too.

Last year they were more than half an hour late I know.

Also, they asked me to draw up a proposal I had for a fundraiser and after all my work they never responded!

I didn't want to muddy the water for my sophomore but I think I will leave if I have to wait over 20 minutes tonight.

They aren't teaching the parents to be prompt by waitin for them to show up. They are teaching the ones who are on time that they don't mean what they say.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN