Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think forcing your partner to get a second job....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
1 mom liked this

so you can continue to be a SAH parent is despicable. 

And IMO, "forcing" can mean something than literal force or a "you will get a second job or else"

For, example, you know your family needs (not wants, NEEDS) the second income, and you could get a part time job opposite your partner's schedule (it has been offered to you, guaranteed) but refuse it. You are essentially forcing your partner to take a second job on top of their regular, full time, to pick up your slack. 

Why should only one partner carry all the financial burden?

(obviously, if your family is thriving on one income, this does not apply)

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree! I would never allow DH to pick up a 2nd job if Im capable of working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I agree

why should one parent have to work all the time to support a family they never get to see

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I agree. I feel bad for the parent that does not get to spend time with their own children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I couldn't do that. If we needed a second income, my butt would be going to work. 

mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I agree. Some sahp's feel entitled to being financially supported.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Agreed. I'd feel extremely uncomfortable with it, too. How do you face your husband and say that, much less face him every day when he comes home after two jobs? They probably expect him to vacuum, mop and do laundry on top of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deenakate
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I agree!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I would never force DH to get a second job but he's a workaholic before he got promoted he wanted a second job badly so I wouldn't have to work. But he got a raid and a promotion so it was not necessary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I would never force DH to get a second job but he's a workaholic before he got promoted he wanted a second job badly so I wouldn't have to work. But he got a raid and a promotion so it was not necessary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I never forced him and plan on getting a job as soon as our son is settled in school, but he got a second job just during the Jewish holidays at his previous job. We don't really need the extra money but it is nice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)