Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not trying to judge but Im just pretty shocked...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

So one of the women in my pregnancy group has been complaining about being so fat all of the time and she doesnt understand why. So I guess its caused her to be depressed she said and to have anxiety. So she posted yesterday that she took a xanax.. Those are a BIG no no while pregnant. I guess I was just shocked that anyone would publicly admit to that and sad for her baby. I guess she was more concerned about herself than her baby. I guess I dont understand some of the things people do?

Thats probably the most shocking thing ive seen in our due date group yet.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ethanlogan13
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Yikes!
Eternity807
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

My stepson's mother abused Xanax consistently throughout her pregnancy along with alcohol and weed.  When he was 9 months old she was court ordered in to rehab and has been sober for over a year now.  Thankfully, at 2 years old, there are only minimal effects to my step son but it's hard to say what the years to come will bring.

I wish more women would keep in mind that they are messing with someone else's life - FOREVER - just to have a little fun.  It's so selfish.  I am 8 months pregnant with my first and won't even drink caffeine for fear of the effects on the baby. 

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Have you ever had anxiety or panic attacks? If not, its hard to relate. Xanax may be a big no no, but for me at least, anxiety gets to the point where I literally can not function. I'll be in a ball on my bed bawling or so anxious that when ever I move I about pass out. Some people get to the point that they would do anything for some semblance of normal.

What she needs is gentle encouragement to go see her doctor and a therapist.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Have you considered that maybe her doctors have given her the OK to take it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Quoting shadow_lark:

Have you ever had anxiety or panic attacks? If not, its hard to relate. Xanax may be a big no no, but for me at least, anxiety gets to the point where I literally can not function. I'll be in a ball on my bed bawling or so anxious that when ever I move I about pass out. Some people get to the point that they would do anything for some semblance of normal.

What she needs is gentle encouragement to go see her doctor and a therapist.

Yes actually I do have extreme anxiety which has been difficult during this pregnancy. I still have a full bottle of klonopin in my medicine cabinet but I would never dream of taking it.. And ive had some bad anxiety attacks lately.

I didnt say anything to her but plenty of other ppl in the group did. I understand how hard anxiety is but nothing could make me take one of those pills while pregnant.

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM
3 moms liked this
Wish I had some xanax...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Have you considered that maybe her doctors have given her the OK to take it?

No she posted it and the people in my group immediately asked when it was ok to take that during pregnancy and she said its not ok or safe. She wasnt given any ok. She ended up deleting the post.

mamav2215
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM

maybe she was lying for attention. there are so many attention whores on here I can't believe it. 

tardistraveller
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Wow.  Being a mother means sacrifice and it starts while they are still in your belly.  How's she going to cope when the kid actually arrives????

I have bipolar1 and I went without meds my pregnancy to ensure ds was as healthy as possible.  It was not easy or fun.  And ramping up meds and going through the sickness (tegretol makes you sick while you slowly adjust the dose and your body adjusts and the effects go away eventually).  

SMDH.

2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Did u diagnosed her ??? Why be so judgemental ???? .... Haventbyou maybe wonder if her pregnancy hormones are the cause for her to feel that way ? If she took those pills is because most likely her doctor gave her the ok ..... I HATE how women think that because one is pregnant or already a mom that thinking about our wellbeing even if is for a half second we are judged and looked down on ..... Is almost like a sin to do so !! Is ok to think and care about ourselves , we matter too !!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN