Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF? Is this how it is by you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies

When I take my dd to school every morning, we walk and stand outside her door to wait for the bell. With the exception of the kids that are bused or walk alone ALL the other parents wait in their damn cars with the kids. They are all sitting in the cars until the second bell rings when they let the kids out and drive away. It's beautiful outside, I'd love to get to meet some of the parents and help my daughter (kinder) remember the kids names. I'm just shocked. Is this how it is at your child's school? Do you do this?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

nope, I pull up in the parent drop off lane, let DS out, watch him get into the building and drive off to work

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Its hot as fuck here with the humidity even at 7am so most parents just drop their kids off or send them to school on their own, very few actually walk their kids to school, in the fall when its not so hot there are a lot more than walk their kids to school and they chat with the other parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

we're not allowed to get out of the car if we drive the kids to school....have to use the car line

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

We play in the play ground until the bell rings. I like socializing with the other moms. :) 

Photo: -Randi.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I have never seen anyone stand outside. Most people pull up, kid gets out, mom drives off.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I really don't care. I'm not interested in meeting other parents.

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM

K no, but the rest of the grades yes. K seems to have the most participating parents and then after that they're kind of over it. Or seems like it anyways. 

aiyess
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM
No. We have outdoor line up this time of year until end of Oct and again in May and June. Some parents do leave their children all by themselves in the school yard tho until the teachers get them.
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM

We have a car line and parents are directed to us it. Are you sure you're not 'doing it wrong'?

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM

We are asked to not get out of the car when dropping little ones off, makes things goes more smoothly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)