Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Which is HARDER? SAHM or Working Mom

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 90 Replies

Poll

Question: Which "JOB" has been harder for YOU PERSONALLY? Being a SAHM or a WORKING mom?

Options:

SAHM

Working Mom

Equal... Please Explain

Other/N/A... Please Explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 92

View Results

I'd like to hear from mom's who have done BOTH.

Which one was/is harder for YOU personally?

I was a working mom for a few months then quit to be a SAHM.

So far they have kinda equaled out. Being a working mom was hard because I felt guilty about the time I spent away from DD. BUT I also got much needed adult time. I also felt that it sometimes made me a better mom (IMO) because I wasn't around DD all the time.

Being a SAHM has been hard too. I am very busy but in a totally different way. I find it to be more mentally challenging because I do not have as much adult time, and my patience does grow thin more often. To deal with the stress of having a very active and inquisitive toddler I take breaks a couple times a day. I will put DD in her crib or her play pen with some toys or books and relax by myself in another room for 15 minutes.

What about you? In your PERSONAL opinion which has been harder?

Thanks Ladies!

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal; it is the Courage to Continue that Counts." -- Winston Churchill

Mother to 1 Beautiful Girl (DD1) & StepMOM to one handsome boy (SS8)

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Mobile Photo

And fuck this post.
.Milfshake.
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I think both are equally tasking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Being a dad
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM
3 moms liked this

Each role has their own set of challenges.  I would never say that one is harder than the other, or one role is better than the other.  I enjoy working, personally and just not cut out for the SAHM thing.

Apgsteenmommy
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

they are both difficult,,, everyone is different and has different situations..................................................

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Who gives a shit?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

They are both hard in their own ways. I've done both and they each had pros and cons.

DamianaFire
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Why does one have to be harder than the other? Why do we have to pick?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM

For me personally? Working was harder. I was always busy, but mentally this is so much less stressful I enjoy every minute I'm able to be home with them

gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM
For me personally working is harder. I've done both and am currently a full time working mom and its hard for me to juggle everything
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)