Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

infants in cars

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
If i need to run into a gas station to pay for gas, can I leave my children in the car if they are under a year, with the windows up, and the a/c on?

Edit: no. I don't have a credit or bank card. I dint understand why this is so shocking. And I apparently did not word this right. I just want to know if its illegal. I understand why you wouldn't want to, and I respect your decision to be paranoid. I'm not real sure why people seem to think I am asking if it is 'smart' to do so, I never asked if it was, I'm aware it wouldn't the the best parenting move, I simply asked if it was allowed. I did not know if there washbasin get restriction, a temperature restriction or if it was illegal or merely frowned upon.
Second. I have twins. I'm thinking, I need get some kind of sling or wrap or something, Does any one know what a good kind to use for two babies is? They are three months.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Why risk it?

Does it hurt to be safe rather than sorry?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM
you will get ripped to shreds for this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Cant you just pay at the pump?

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM

You could, but someone here will probably see it and break your window/call the police.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
According to CM, no.
I don't do it, but it's your kid.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM

yea, if you want someone to call the cops on you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM

good luck with this thread, your going to hear an earful for  even thinking of doing such a thing. I wouldn't leave my kids in the car period but that is just me. too much risk someone could steal the car, or hurt and injure your kids while your in the store paying for gas,etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Well if someone steels your running car while you are paying for gas, YOU will be charged with neglect. Not to mention that your child will have been kidnapped. Why risk it?
wyomom4
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM

LOL I never did because I was afraid someone would steal my car with my dd in it.

daisybaby91
by lipstick on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I wouldnt. I have my husband fill up my car for me and if im with him i stay in the car with our son, and if not im at home with him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)