Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did any of you ladies do this when you're kids where younger.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

When dd was smaller I always sat in the back seat with her.

We had to drive an hour just to go grocery shopping and she always got very fussy in the car.

She also had a problem with acid reflux and vomiting and was always puking and getting chocked up on it. (Very scary.)

I couldn't reach her well from the front seat when she was in her rear facing bucket type car seat.

When she started forward facing I started sitting in the front again, because the acid reflux had gotten much better, she wasn't choking on it anymore, and I could easily reach her from my seat without having to climb half way back into the back seat.

(We only have one vehicle. Dh always drives. If we need to get anywhere during the day while he's at work we walk. So I've never had to drive alone with her and try to reach her.)

Did any one else sit in the back with their kiddos when they were real little?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM
On road trips I did. Generallyno, but I have mirrors and watch them. What I don't do is listen to the radio with them in the car, instead we sing songs together.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Nope. Never. But I also was the lone adult in the car most of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meg0620
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Either df or I sat in the back seat until my son was like 6-7 months? He just magically stopped screaming in the car one day lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Your*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

no, I wasn't a paranoid mom

CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Yep, with all three of them. My youngest is almost two and she hates being by herself so I still sit in the back with her sometimes when her sisters are in school or at their dad's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

no. only the trip home from the hospital. I have a 9 month old and a 10 year old. my 10 year old sits in the back with the baby and helps her and plays with her when needed.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Just on the way home from the hospital, if I remember right...

NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Not really. Home from the hospital yes, but other than that no.... Our van seats us perfectly, so I would then have to put a child up front.

Happy Fall!!!!

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Never

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)