Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How does an account that was paid in full accrue interest!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

This bad economy is really turning Lawyers into money grubbing assholes! I had a medical bill from my daughter that I was making payments on.  It was over $1800.00.  I started paying in January and had it paid off at the end of May.  I just got a wage garnishment at work saying that I owe interest on it.  How can that be when it was paid off?  To top it off, get this! The interest owed it $.74! They then went to court for that and added lawyer and court cost for $250.00! Over 74cents!  I never got a phone call or anything in the mail! I called to ask why they would not bother to call me for 74 cents and go through the trouble of going to court. I was told they might be able to release it but the paralegal needs to talk to the lawyer first. I think this is just ridiculous! I am trying my best to pay everything I owe and stay on top of other bills while living paycheck to paycheck and now this!

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM

BUMP!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I'd send them a dollar and tell them to keep the change

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Send 74 pennies - request a receipt
MommyO2-6631
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I'd never go to that doctor again!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I would have been more than happy to do that except that I only found out about this when I went to look at my paycheck for tomorrow and they took out $250.00!

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I'd send them a dollar and tell them to keep the change

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Same happened to my mom. They recently started garnishing her checks and she didn't even know they were taking her to court. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

nelliesmommy
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:25 PM

That's rediculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I don't want to send them anymore money. They just took the $250 from my check for tomorrow for the 74 cents plus court costs.  Yet I have never recieved anything else in the mail.

Quoting Supervane:

Send 74 pennies - request a receipt

christina0607
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM
You probably paid it infull after the beginning of the cycle. You always have to look at a bill psid in full and make sure there wasnt interest accrued before it was paid. That interest is your responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
That is fine and dandy but I was never notified before they got a writ of garnishment and sent it to my employer. They admit I fell through the cracks. I am waiting for the attorney to call me back because the paralegal is an idiot. I'm thinking she is the one that let it fall between the cracks. She thinks her saying sorry should be good enough for me.

Quoting christina0607:

You probably paid it infull after the beginning of the cycle. You always have to look at a bill psid in full and make sure there wasnt interest accrued before it was paid. That interest is your responsibility.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN