Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Religion, medical, vaccinations, CPS?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

Someone said that the color was hard to read. Hope this helps. Thank you ladies. That form is being printed right now. Thank you for the help!!!!

Can anyone of you ladies help me? My child was vaccinated the right way on time each time for the state she was born and raised in for 5 years. She was ALWAYS sick. We never had a break from her coming down with some kind of virius all the time. In and out of the hospitals, on antibiotics and everything. No physical proof of it being from the vaccinations, but still the big possiabiltiy. Because when she was 3 that was when the last round was.

Up until this year for school she needed a booster of 2 different ones. Well I did one, got the list of what was in it and what shot and all that, and she again was sick for about 6 months with colds. Mind you 8 months after she turned 3 (the day she was given the shots was her 3rd birthday) she magically wasn't sick anymore. She didn't even get a cold after that. So I have said due to the being sick all the time, I do not believe in doing the vaccinations.

But now my question becomes, because we have moved out of state how do I go about getting her new doc to put it down as a medical reason on why she is not to get anymore of them? My ex is causing all sorts of drama right now and is calling CPS every other week it seems like telling them I'm abusing and neglecting her. Thank god they haven't showed up yet, but I  know its only a matter of time before they will because of getting soo many calls from him. Now if CPS was to get invovled, if it is due to religion will they MAKE me get the vaccinations done anyway? Like if I can't get the doctor to write it up as medical because, like I said we moved out of state and it was never brought up at her pedi in the other state so it wouldn't be on record.

Its just due to this booster and about a year before seeing that she didn't even get a little cold over the winter like normal that it began to sink in. Please don'e bash. Anyone have any ideas? Please and thank you. If it isn't clear, ask and I will try to make it more understandable.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

are medical or religous the only exemptions allowed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM

You will have to convince the doctor that all the illnesses were a direct result from the vaccination. I doubt you can since you have nothing stating that prior. Other than that can't you just opt out no matter what?

Heymamashakeit
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM
You can claim religious or personal depending on your state. Mind telling me your state? I can look up which types of exceptions are allowed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Kentucky and thank you

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

You can claim religious or personal depending on your state. Mind telling me your state? I can look up which types of exceptions are allowed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM
How can you just opt out? I am going to bring it up with the doctor. Me and her have the same doc and since I didn't think to talk to him about that when I was there last week with her, I am going to talk to him about it at my next app. But its not til later this month.
Quoting Anonymous:

You will have to convince the doctor that all the illnesses were a direct result from the vaccination. I doubt you can since you have nothing stating that prior. Other than that can't you just opt out no matter what?

ZombieMomof5
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM

It depends on the state you live in... you don't have philosophical exemption in your state?

I currently use religious exemption in my state. I've never tried to ask the doctor to do medical, because I don't believe the doctor will give us that excuse, even though I am fully convinced that my previously happy child is insanely angry because of the vaccines.

CPS can not do anything if you are not vaccinating your child. At this point, we still have the right to refuse it. That may not last much longer, but it is our right at this point in time. Search for religious exemptions for your state (example letters), and write up something similar for your school.

Heymamashakeit
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM
You can claim medical or religious. If you claim religious no one is allowed to ask what religion. Religious is easier to claim than medical.

Quoting Anonymous:

Kentucky and thank you

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM

On the paper that I have that says she is exempt from the other booster has a list of the shots she is allowed to be exempt from. Which is all of your typical shots. But the medical and religious are the only 2 they show on the paper. And I went to the health department to get the exemption form for the other shot because she didn't have a PCP at the time. The health department was who informed me about the exemptions and had NO issue doing it. Actually the nurse seemed very pleased. lol But to go for a full medical exemption I have to go through a doctor. For religious I can work with the health department and they won't have any issues.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

are medical or religous the only exemptions allowed?

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM

If you are allowed religious or philosophical exemptions in your state, that's all you need.  You are not breaking the law.  CPS doesn't care about, nor can they do anything about that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM

So if CPS was to come in, they could not MAKE me get the vaccinations done then right? Because that is what we are using at this point is religious reasons. But if they were to take her at any time into foster care, would they do it without my permission?

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

You can claim medical or religious. If you claim religious no one is allowed to ask what religion. Religious is easier to claim than medical.

Quoting Anonymous:

Kentucky and thank you

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)