Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

More patient with other children over own..

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have been working in the child education field for about 11 years.I am super duper patient with other children.But when It comes to my own,my patient is wearing down.Is it because I expect more from them or am I being a not so good mommy??
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know, but I'm the same way! My child totally tries my patience. My students sometimes get to me, but not like my own. Maybe I hold my dd to higher expectations? You're not alone!! :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM

You're a good mommy...it is just what tends to happen.

I've worked with hurting teens now for a couple of years and also feel as if I have more patience with them than my own kids.  

But, I also know my own kids will hold me to a higher standard as well because I work with hurting teens....so, it holds me accountable to 'stretch' my patience and apply it to both.

Best wishes...at least you are aware of it and can begin doing what you can to overcome it. :)

And, I'd be glad for  you to be working with my kids, it's good to know you are this way....that other peoples children can be trusted in your care :)

MommyOf2341
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Aww thank you!I realized it after all these years opening up a childcare in my home.When my kids get home i want them to do this and that,the right way or else grounded (things get taken away.) But with other kids I have the patient to get on their level and speak to them.I aggravate myself,I don't think it's my kids.Haha.Mommy needs a "me time" asap!

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a good mommy...it is just what tends to happen.

I've worked with hurting teens now for a couple of years and also feel as if I have more patience with them than my own kids.  

But, I also know my own kids will hold me to a higher standard as well because I work with hurting teens....so, it holds me accountable to 'stretch' my patience and apply it to both.

Best wishes...at least you are aware of it and can begin doing what you can to overcome it. :)

And, I'd be glad for  you to be working with my kids, it's good to know you are this way....that other peoples children can be trusted in your care :)

lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I have moments like that. Maybe it's because other kids go home. Ours stay lol. I would say it is fairly common.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caera
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

No...it's because you use all your patience during the day when you're dealing with other people's kids. By the time you get home, you're done.

That's normal. 

See what you can do...even if it is something as simple as singing along to your favorite CD on your way home...to help you recharge a little before dealing with your own kids.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I work in the child care field too. I think I hold my child to higher standards. I love my daycare kids but they aren't mine. For my child I have more expectations & goals.

My child is " special needs". I am freaking awesome with special needs kids at work. I rock that place. But there are so many times I feel like a failure as a parent with mine. :/ I try all my daycare tricks but none of them work. Except for the " I'm going to call your dad!" trick. jk.. lol
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha I do that! My son will be like, "Mom! We listen to this song ever day! Lady Gaga, Lady Gaga all the time!" & I'm like " Hush, I need this!!" lol

Quoting Caera:

No...it's because you use all your patience during the day when you're dealing with other people's kids. By the time you get home, you're done.

That's normal. 

See what you can do...even if it is something as simple as singing along to your favorite CD on your way home...to help you recharge a little before dealing with your own kids.

MommyOf2341
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Yup.I have tried the tricks i do at work with mine,not happening lol.Esp with my 9 year,PRE pre teen attitude.He's the one i really need help on.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I work in the child care field too. I think I hold my child to higher standards. I love my daycare kids but they aren't mine. For my child I have more expectations & goals.

My child is " special needs". I am freaking awesome with special needs kids at work. I rock that place. But there are so many times I feel like a failure as a parent with mine. :/ I try all my daycare tricks but none of them work. Except for the " I'm going to call your dad!" trick. jk.. lol

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I hear you. My little cousin just turned 10 & as much as I love her..oooo, I fell bad for her parents. lol So much attitude in such a little body!

Quoting MommyOf2341:

Yup.I have tried the tricks i do at work with mine,not happening lol.Esp with my 9 year,PRE pre teen attitude.He's the one i really need help on.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)