Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Terrible Teenage Father

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 73 Replies

A little back story. My SIL is 34, her fiance is turning 19 next week. They moved in with us in June when they had their son who is now a few months old because of financial problems. Well, MIL is "staying" with us to help with the new babies, we just had ours August 13th. Their child is severly over weight because they have fed him cereal in his bottle since he was about a week old and started feeding him baby food for sitters from gerber in his bottle around a month ago. I believe because of the food they have given him that his body isn't ready for he became colicy and cries at least half the day, screams that if they catch u off gaurd you'll think is a grown woman screaming. Well SIL goes to work most days and this boy is left with the baby that he now screams at and he hits shit in their room. He started by always sternly telling the baby, just month old baby, to "Hush." Now this dude seriously screams at this baby. I've said a little to him, tried to explain that the baby doesn't understand him but his tone is upsetting him more. Boy acts like he listens, but things just go back to how they were. Most of the time he refuses help with the baby. I've spoken with MIL who finally talked to SIL about it. To add to all of this I've heard this little asshole complaining about my toddler, who btw had to give up his play room for them to move in, and I've heard them bitching to eachother about all of us. Now the father was overheard telling SIL that popping him on the hand doesn't work. Now I'm sick of them being here, but I wish I could do something to help my nephew and really their family as a whole. I need advise before this turns into a huge fight because I will not have this 3 1/2 month old baby being abused in my house. This bullshit ends today one way or another, but I would really like for it to get better and not have a terrible relationship with these people, before they moved in we were close, so please someone tell me what to do.

I love my familyin lovemy loving man, toddler boybaby boyand my little loveys!

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
6 moms liked this
You lost me at her fiance is 19....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM
6 moms liked this
What in the world is a 34 year old woman doing with a 19 year old kid? SMH
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm 34 and the thought of having sex with a 19 yr old is just ugh. If this child is being abused in your home call CPS. This whole situation is trashy as fuck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Wow, that is just plain wrong to put food in a bottle. How will he learn skills to feed himself with a spoon?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Kick the 19 year old out. He doesn't have to be there. Tell sil she has a month to find a place. Also call CPS
STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell SIL and her child-fiance that what you are describing is child abuse and you will not risk a CPS investigation because he is abusing his son.  Tell them it is time to find another place to live (all of them).

big.city.mama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I'm sorry but I just busted out laughing at your comment. But to OP kick them out plain and simple I know its family and its hard but your household should not be sacrificed for them mess they mad themselves.

Quoting Supervane:

You lost me at her fiance is 19....

maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Im going to be 27 and the thought of sex with a 19 yr old is gross. If he has really hit the baby on the hand I would call CPS, that infant is not safe around its own father. If he is already screaming at it or hitting him what will he do if he really looses his temper. 

lyranightshade
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM
There are no words. Your SIL is a creepy pervo, the kid is just that. A kid. Who happens to be stupid and overwhelmed and there is so much bad here. I couldn't even read it all. I don't even have any advice except to say good luck in this shit storm.
arizbet22
by Yetta on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I would talk to my SIL ask for custody.  This is not going to end good.  You know this will get uglier and uglier. I feel really bad for that baby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)