Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is your dd in girl scouts?

Do they like it? I was in girl scouts in 2-4 grade. My mom took me out because my leader was a racist. The funny thing is both of her daughters got pregnant by black guys. She was not happy lol
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Replies (31-33):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I have a Daisy and a Junior. They love Girl Scouts, and it has been really good for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I don't know the first thing about Girl Scouts. I doubt I'll sign my kid up for it.
DropZoneMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I used to work as a membership manager for our local council.  Until then, I was all for GS.    Then I saw the high pressure tactics we were taught to get girls to join...to get volunteers to lead...to get cookies sold.   Cookies.   Sold by children.   To finance the council CEO's 6-figure salary.  To pay for the council's beautiful offices (while the camps the girls attended went to pot).   I saw leaders given troops who shouldn't have been around kids.   One male co-leader actually burned down his ex-wife's trailer; everyone knew he was unstable, but when I tried to remove him, I was reprimanded.   Another leader got into an argument with a school principal -- she screamed & swore at him (in front of kids), then SPED her minivan out of the school parking lot.   Yeah -- I got written up for removing her (without my supervisor's 'permission' which, technically I was allowed to do).  She was reinstated.    I was finally fired (as were 9 of my fellow employees) on bullshit, trumped up "violations" -- so we could be replaced by part-time, fresh out of school kids for far less money -- while the executives kept their big salaries and company cars.

So, NO.   I don't believe in GS anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN