Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you call CPS on your SIL for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Ok, my dh's sister is a druggie. She smokes pot all day every day and takes any pills she can get her hands on and her live in boyfriend does pills and pot. When they fight it always gets physial. She has od'd on pills 2 times. She has a now 11 year old son and a 15 year old daughter. They both lived with my mil up until beginning of this summer. The boy was expelled from school for a year because he took one of his mom's joints to school and got caught. He spent the night in juvie and lied and told the police he found it (to protect his worthless mom) at school. My SIL was worried they would start "bothering" her so she sent him to live with my MIL and to be taken to an alternative school for the year. My niece went with him cause she was sick of living in a camper trailer and being poor.

Anyway, SIL got a government paid house now and took both kids back. Thing is she is letting niece have her 19 year old boyfriend LIVE with them and share a room/bed with my 15 year old niece. My nephew is also posting pictures about pot on facebook and I just found out both kids (YES, the 11 year old too) are smoking pot with their mom. I am heartbroken and just beside myself. Also the housing is income based and is supposed to be her and her 2 dependent kids but she has her boyfriend, the 19 year old living with my 15 yr old niece and her grown pot head son (24) living there. Her grown daughter (26) is also a pot head that lives on pa and in income based housing too. Is there anything I can do to save these kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandyluzdavid
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM
In a heartbeat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't but thats me.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM

yup. She is screwing up those kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

If it were me, I would be calling CPS, the Police anyone for help!! A 15-year-old and a 19-year-old?? Oh hell no!! Let the authorities figure it out, you just be the squeaky wheel that gets the ball rolling!! GOOD LUCK!!

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Hmm. With the OD's, it is common place for the police AND hospital to notify CPS. Has she ever had an open case?

pinkfairy0206
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Wow thats crazy. Yea it may be time to get them out of there. Sounds likethey are headed down her road
amandacr1026
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I would definitley be calling somebody.

The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Drugs alone would be enough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Personanlly, I'd let SIL's mom deal wit hit. You could mess up all your inlaw relations. And the kids are old enough that they won't starve or anything from neglect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Yup.

Quoting brandyluzdavid:

In a heartbeat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)