Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He never even told his parents I'm pregnant. (UPDATE IN RED)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 190 Replies
3 moms liked this

I'm sixteen weeks pregnant. I just found out the sex (supposedly, we'll get a clearer picture next visit but I'm hoping they're right about this little boy!) This entire pregnancy my, then boyfriend, had been trying to get me to get an abortion. He said that his parents had loaned him the money and supported his decision because we both didn't need a child together. 

I never got the abortion. He got mad and stopped speaking to me. We didn't talk for about three weeks to a month until I told him I'd found out the sex. He threatened me that I'd be a single mother and it didn't make a difference what the sex was because I'm not supposed to be pregnant anyway. 

He kept verbally attacking me. It was ridiculous. Even when I brushed it off with "okay." He'd actually call or text first to start an argument. I told him he could be done if he wanted to be done. I was sick of arguing and I didn't want to spend the next five months arguing. I also told him that just because he was a douche and shutting himself out doesn't mean that his family would have to be shut out too and I would tell them that they were welcome to call me anytime. Now this was when I though that they knew.

He freaked out. He NEVER even told his parents that I was pregnant. Even after I told my mom and he swore he understood what I was going through because his parents were disappointed. They don't even freaking know! I asked when he planned on telling them. He said he didn't want to tell them yet. Never gave a reason. At this point, he's cooled down and saying he wants to be there, but I don't understand how you're getting ready to bring a child into your life when your family and friends don't even know. Also, I think he did this because he didn't want me to let his family and friends know the way he's been talking to me and treating me It's bad. It's unbelievably "OMG, he's such a dick. How could he say that?" bad. He didn't just find out either. We found out over two months ago. He's been home several times. He talks to his Dad every single day. My issue is this.. when he's mad he blows up, says I'll be a single parent, and points out that he never has to do anything but pay child support if he doesn't want to. That's perfectly fine with me. What's not fine with me is him hiding the child from his whole family. That's an ENTIRE side of family that will have no idea.

However, I have his mother's number. I've had it for a while. At seven o'clock I want to call and tell them. He NEVER will. Is this the right idea?

UPDATE: I called the number that I had and UNFORTUNATELY it was his grandmother. I told her I wanted to speak to his parents (after she asked me how I was doing and had I grown any because I'm very petite lol). She got worried because I said I wanted to talk to his parents, even after I told him nothing was wrong and that I was okay and he was okay. So I told her. She seemed really  happy (but she does not know that we're broken up clearly and I wasn't really trying to go into detail). His mother (who works for a radio station) was actually still at work so she gave me his Dad's number. I called him twice. He picked up the second time. I told him who I was and I the first thing I said was "I'm not here to tattle." One of the moms here put that in my head. I told him that I wanted them to have the option to be a part of the baby's life even if the father doesn't. 

HIS DAD LOST HIS SHIT!! He immediately went on about never giving him any abortion money. What happened was he gave him RENT MONEY for the July month that he's paid back already. He gave him like $500, but it was NEVER for an abortion and he didn't support that. He said that he had never even brought it up and he was JUST home for Labor Day weekend. He told me that he would talk to his wife and if I ever needed anything to call because they didn't say anything that my ex boyfriend told me they said. Also, he was coming down this weekend for the first home game for my college (they are both alumni) and he wanted to sit down with both of us. So I'm freaking out cause his mom will be there as well. He somewhat was ready to get off the phone because he was about to call my ex. And I'm just waiting on that argument. smh. I still feel like I did the right thing. They WANT to be a part of it, which is exactly what I assumed. I never brought up anything that he's done wrong other than the abortion part that he lied about.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Never been in that situation. But I'd probably tell them after giving him a time limit to do so on his own.
blue_elephant
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
What are you hoping to gain?
HisLove18
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I would call her.

My sons father is not active in his life but his parents and aunts/uncles are. While things were rocky at the beginning with them I wouldn't have it any other way. They are a Godsend and my son adores them all.
Apgsteenmommy
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

wooow i know how you feel ,,,, when i got pregnant mine didnt tell his parents at all... my school called his parents and told them for him...... he didnt let anyone know i was pregnant.///// people found out after he was born......................

im sorry :C        i dont know what you should do.... im woried if you tell them, he will be really mean to you..... its a hard situation

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM
9 moms liked this

Please, for the love of everything holy, cut all contact with this dude. He's just awful and when the baby is born make sure that he has SUPERVISED visitation (if he even wants any). Tell him not to call, not to text, because it's pretty obvious that he's mentally unstable and abusive. He's fucking toxic, the shit he says to you is beyond wrong. Tell his mom, tell her what he has been saying/doing to you, offer her proof if she wants it, and then tell him to NEVER contact you again or you'll call the police. Keep ALL texts, e-mails, letters, and other proof for court. Don't just let this douche be alone with the baby once he's born, your ex sounds like he might hurt him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM

i did. we had this talk on August 23rd. my doctor's appointment was August 26th. My exact words (I'm reading the text) said "You should tell them. That's your place to do that. So I want to give you the opportunity to do so. Plus hearing it from me won't be anything nice since you lied about it." 

Quoting firespurity:

Never been in that situation. But I'd probably tell them after giving him a time limit to do so on his own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
call her up, tell her, then update.
Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I'd call. She has a right to know about her grand baby. Especially if she's done no wrong to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I would tell them...they deserve to know that they ate having a grandchild. I would also tell them that their lovely son wanted you to abort.
SaratheV
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
His parents don't need to know. They don't owe you anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)