Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Edit*we talked and...She wants it back?? What do i do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 308 Replies
1 mom liked this
I babysat my nephew for over 3months almost every day, and several nights,(at least 3 a week if not more). His mother GAVE me a bassinet for him(payment for babysitting free). I provided his bottles, formula, bottled water for formula, diapers, wipes, meds for my house, anything and everything he needed at my house I provided it. She never even had to bring a diaper bag with him. Well now they're low on money, bc no one had any income in the home, and they are having a yard sale to make rent. She says she wants HER bassinet back to sell so she can pay rent. She asked me to bring it over.

She put me in the spot and i sputtered out that I geuss I would. I was dumbfounded and shocked she even asked. Then she asked that I also bring over any other stuff I'm not using to contribute to her yard sale. WTF?!?i said that I was keeping my stuff for my own yard sale I was planning for this fall.

I'm not giving her back that bassinet, it belongs to me. But my question is, how do I tell her without seeming like a bitch.

She offered a playpen to trade for him to sleep in at my house, thing is, I've already bought him one.

Any advice?

Edit********
Ok let me clarify first, she is pregnant again with a baby that is not related to me, she is not my sister, she's my brothers gf.
I will be babysitting this new baby during the time frame between its birth and the time she goes back to jail and the state takes it away. Which hopefully won't be long. IF she is arrested before its birth then obviously It won't be my problem. IF she isn't, then I will be keeping it only bc I couldn't sleep knowing an innocent baby might be in danger or be being neglected by a junkie she picked out to watch it.

As far as the bassinet goes, it was GIVEN to me as payment for all the "free" babysitting I did. She was working but lost her job for skipping work, (which is how she is pregnant now.)

I provided everything he needed bc she would not have. Simply put, she bought weed and clothes and a new phone the same week I bought her sons formula and diapers. I didnt do it so she didnt have to, I did if bc she wouldn't have, even when she had the money.

Fast forward, we talked yesterday and again today. She agreed with me about needing the bassinet for the new baby and said keeping it was the smartest thing to do, and also admitted it belonged to me, but thought id give it back bc she was in a bind. Lmao, no way. Our relationship is fine, although of course strained bc she neglects her son. I love him unconditionally and will always provide what he needs, bc I know she won't.

She will always come to me with his needs and I know she's using me, but at the end of the day,
As long as he has what he needs then I'm willing to be a doormat. Only for him. It won't last forever and soon enough I can make it all better for him forever.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Bump
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM
32 moms liked this

Give it back along with these words I'm DONE ! I will no longer be supporting your child or caring for him. She is a freakin Moocher !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM
6 moms liked this

oh FFS, grow up and buy your own bassinet. she bought it to be used for her childs use, not for you to keep forever..smh

katydid150
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Keep it and tell her you will no longer support her kid. She is a leech. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM
4 moms liked this
She needs rent money and you cant see why she wants it back to sell?
Ladywithtwo
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I would give it back. She needs money & it's not worth starting things with family.
PumpkinSpice8
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I agree with a lot of the other ladies- just give it back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her "sure I'll bring it, from now on you need to pay me $50 a week to babysit and provide all formula and other needed items"
NorseGodessMom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM

wow, so you babysit for free, provide all the stuff and she gives you the bassinets as a thank you. Now she wants it back to sell...

My only question is... Do you need it?

LadyVoldemort
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

wow, so you babysit for free, provide all the stuff and she gives you the bassinets as a thank you. Now she wants it back to sell...

My only question is... Do you need it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)