Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bull**** lunch rules UPDATE talked to teacher

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 223 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am not Sure what to pack! today it was a lunchable, easy.
but that's not an everyday thing. its a peanut free district, so no pb &j. do kindergarten classrooms have microwaves/ mini fridges??

for tomorrow I packed a ham&cheese sub, go-gurt, TruMoo chocolate milk, and I'm trying to find an easy fruit/veg. but I feel like lunchables & ham/cheese sammies are my only options.

also, we sent fruit snacks in for his snack, and his lunchable came with a crunch bar the size of my thumb, she wouldn't let him have either one!! she did sub teddy grahms but WTF my kid is a twig and everything in moderation.. I wouldn't sugar him up for her to deal with but I know what my kid can handle.. I'm wondering if she will take his chic. milk! (which I only got bc its got protien etc since its TruMoo )

UPDATE
dh dropped him off today and asked the teacher's aide about snacks. she said the teacher had brought teddy grahms for everyone as a first day snack and had them all put their snacks away.

no harm no foul I guess!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM
really? ya'll looove telling people what to do!!
mandaschelle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Dds school is nut free. I use a product called biscoff in place of nut butter. It's made from crushed cookies and looks just like nut butter.
I include a copy of the nutritional label so they can't tell her it's not allowed.
You can make "pin wheels" a tortilla some kind of spread like humus or laughing cow lunch meat and cheese.
Fruit I give cut up grapes cantaloupe watermelon cut up strawberries etc.
snack she gets gold fish teddy Graham's lucky charm cereal cheese sticks cutie oranges and other stuff I can't think of.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Our school has a pretty strick " no foods of no nutritional value" policy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM
those are good ideas. is that cookie spread very unhealthy? I mean he couldn't even have fruit snacks..

Quoting mandaschelle:

Dds school is nut free. I use a product called biscoff in place of nut butter. It's made from crushed cookies and looks just like nut butter.

I include a copy of the nutritional label so they can't tell her it's not allowed.

You can make "pin wheels" a tortilla some kind of spread like humus or laughing cow lunch meat and cheese.

snack she gets gold fish teddy Graham's lucky charm cereal cheese sticks cutie oranges and other stuff I can't think of.

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I give mine peanutbutter sandwiches, cheese, milk or water, hard boiled eggs, pepperoni, fruit, granola bars. Easy stuff to eat fast
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM
3 moms liked this
back when I was a kid, a pudding cup was necessary to be cool lol

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Our school has a pretty strick " no foods of no nutritional value" policy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM
no peanut butter.

Quoting stickyfingers:

I give mine peanutbutter sandwiches, cheese, milk or water, hard boiled eggs, pepperoni, fruit, granola bars. Easy stuff to eat fast

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok but I was just saying what I give mine. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

no peanut butter.

Quoting stickyfingers:

mandaschelle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM
It is made with biscotti cookies so its not super healthy but with the amount of fruit and vegetables my kid eats I'm comfortable letting her have it twice a week and giving nut butters at home.
They have soy butter stuff too it just sounded gross to me so we didn't try it.

Quoting Anonymous:

those are good ideas. is that cookie spread very unhealthy? I mean he couldn't even have fruit snacks..

Quoting mandaschelle:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN