Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh and my mom, so childish

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
Ok I live in Texas with DH, DS (3yrs) and my dad. My mom lives in Iowa. She has a mental disability (not sure what) and she has been dealing with cancer. Some of you might remember me posting about this about a month ago idk. My mom drove to Texas and stayed 3 weeks with us. She invited ds and I to drive back to Iowa with her and spend 3 weeks with her. Dh was completely against me going. We argued over it, but I left anyway. My mom's whole side of the family is in Iowa. Ds had never met them up until now. My grandmother has parkingsons, so it was important to me that ds spend time with these people while we could.
We were supposed to leave on the first. Seeing how my mom has medical problems things happened, and she had important dr appointments she couldn't miss. We are now leaving on the 14th. Dh is now livid, again. He was supposed to go out of town on Sunday for three days. He refused to ask anyone to help him with the animals, my dad was also out of town. He told his boss he couldn't go and he is now blaming me and my mom. ( I want to add, he had no definite plans of going out of town before we left.)
He keeps texting me saying horrible things like:
If your leaving me just tell me.
Where can I ship the rest of your things?
He is saying that my mom will not step foot in his house. He is saying he will call the cops if she shows up. He doesn't want her there with her dog. My mom has to take her dog, and the worst part of this is, he knows how it is to have sick family members! Both his mother and sister passed do to being extremely ill. If this was his family it would be a completely different tune.
On top of that, not once has he asked about ds. Not once has he wanted to know anything about our trip, or the things we have seen and done. The only thing he talks about is himself, when are we leaving, and how my mom and her dog better not step foot in HIS house.
I am tired of it! He is acting like a child! My mother has to bring us home, and it is a long drive. It's not like she can pull up in our drive way and dump us out.
What would you tell your dh? What do I say to him?

Edit ~ I completely understand why he is upset. I get where dh is coming from. I agree things should have been planned better or something.
HOWEVER he has absolutely no right to talk to me like he has, or to say the things he said.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fstysxofthebtt
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Um you were supposed to be home 5 days ago! I would say the same thing your dh. I wouldn't have went in the first place if dh wasn't comfortable with it. 

Heatherp23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this

id tell him to suck it up and shit happens. He sounds extremely controlling and insecure and i wouldnt tolerate that. My Dh KNOWS he better not say shit like that to me or im out. plain and simple. He is treating you like a damn child. I'd tell him to go screw himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:47 PM
So if your mother had medical problems, and you never get to see her you would stay home?

Quoting fstysxofthebtt:

Um you were supposed to be home 5 days ago! I would say the same thing your dh. I wouldn't have went in the first place if dh wasn't comfortable with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Exactly! I loathe arguing, it gives me anxiety.

Quoting Heatherp23:

id tell him to suck it up and shit happens. He sounds extremely controlling and insecure and i wouldnt tolerate that. My Dh KNOWS he better not say shit like that to me or im out. plain and simple. He is treating you like a damn child. I'd tell him to go screw himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Im not trying to choose between my mom and dh but that is how he is acting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Bump
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

That is just so sad. I understand why you went, too bad your dh doesn't. 

I don't know how you are gong to handle this. Of course your mother should be welcome at your house, especially after that long drive.

Is he hot tempered? Are you scared of returning?

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

fstysxofthebtt
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM

She's driving, isn't she...

Quoting Anonymous:

So if your mother had medical problems, and you never get to see her you would stay home?

Quoting fstysxofthebtt:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I know he would never put his hands on me. His bark is way worse. He is just a loud ass hole.

Quoting Derari:

That is just so sad. I understand why you went, too bad your dh doesn't. 

I don't know how you are gong to handle this. Of course your mother should be welcome at your house, especially after that long drive.

Is he hot tempered? Are you scared of returning?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Yes, what does that have anything to do with it?
Ds and I have other family members here, family he has never met or otherwise might not ever get a chance to.
My mom isn't going to be around forever. I will never regret or forget the time we have spent together.

Quoting fstysxofthebtt:

She's driving, isn't she...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fstysxofthebtt:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured