Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

screw this! I'm taking a sick day!!!

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok a sick night??? 

Kinda..... 

I've been feeling icky all day, and seriously accident prone... I'm tired, in pain, just ugh... I asked DH what he wants for dinner... all be it, a little late, it's about 7 here, but I would've started much earlier had he not fgrabbed chips and salsa as soon as he got home..... but that's beside the point... he can't give me a freaking answer!!! Just days I dunno, or tells me "I don't want anything easy to make tonight so there's no point in saying anything" 

Can't cut me a little slack....... what's with the snark???

So I'm making the kids some Mac n cheese (so sue me) and he's on his own tonight! Which I never do... maybe half dozen times in our 7 year marriage.... I'm just frustrated! This is my vent!!! 

Woo, I feel better now!!! Lol

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM

And as soon as the kids are out, I'm making myself a drink!!!! I'm out of lime, would a vodka tonic taste good with punch?? Lol

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Hugs mama and feel better soon! :)

momto3nuts
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM

He won't starve. Everyone needs to be able to say screw it every now and then... My middle son had frozen waffles and carrot sticks for dinner because I don't feel well. Everyone else made their own food. (I'm happy my youngest didn't choose to eat Oreos for dinner, but instead ate a hotdog and apple slices)

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no, if you saw him right now he'd try to convince he'll starve! He was acting like I'm the worst wife on the planet when all I was asking for was ideas... now that I'm not cooking for him you'd think I'd just shot his dog and told him he's next!!!!! 

And damn I want Oreos now!! :)

Quoting momto3nuts:

He won't starve. Everyone needs to be able to say screw it every now and then... My middle son had frozen waffles and carrot sticks for dinner because I don't feel well. Everyone else made their own food. (I'm happy my youngest didn't choose to eat Oreos for dinner, but instead ate a hotdog and apple slices)

momto3nuts
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Oreos are amazing. When my husband won't give me ideas, I just start rambling off different ingredients and add the word surprise at the end. The first time I uttered "tuna peanut butter hash brown surprise" he realized he could figure it out in his own every now and then. :)

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

Oh no, if you saw him right now he'd try to convince he'll starve! He was acting like I'm the worst wife on the planet when all I was asking for was ideas... now that I'm not cooking for him you'd think I'd just shot his dog and told him he's next!!!!! 

And damn I want Oreos now!! :)

Quoting momto3nuts:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN