Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really a fundraiser already?!?!

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 75 Replies
They have been in school a week and a half!! My DD and DS starter school on the 26th and today they brought home the catalogue for their first fundraiser! And this crap is outrageously priced! Seriously $15 for a cup? $20 for a box of 6 4oz kolaches? And don't even get me started on the "prizes"...

Has anyone else's kid brought home a fundraiser yet? Tell me my school district isn't the only one this crazy for money!!
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittanyleigh25
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I don't have kids yet, still ttc but my neice brought home a fund raiser her 2nd week of school. Which remindes me I probably need to find something to buy lol. It is ridiculous stuff and way over priced

alf2651
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:21 PM

We got one on the 3rd day of school. Seriously. It's a fundraiser selling $30 garden flags and flag poles. And $25 boxes of cookie dough. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

V.Dubbya
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Ours kicks off on 9/11. We went back to school on 8/21. We have more planned before winter break. Ugggh. I hate it because I know exactly why the school needs money and would give super generously if we only had extra funds. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Yep. We support the school. More than 1/3 of it goes back to the school. I don't have an issue with it.
LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM
This is my first year with kids in school. I have one in kindergarten and one in pre-k. This is ridiculous. And if I buy something from one kid I have to buy something from the other one! And if I just buy one item from each of them boom there goes 30 bucks! Ugh!

And here is you some baby dust!! **blows baby dust**

Quoting brittanyleigh25:

I don't have kids yet, still ttc but my neice brought home a fund raiser her 2nd week of school. Which remindes me I probably need to find something to buy lol. It is ridiculous stuff and way over priced

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM
The first day of school i had kids knocking on my door -_-
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Kids cost money. Get over it.

queencreekmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM

No, we only do a few. None of the door to door. Mainly things like golf tournaments and restaurant nights.

LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM
We've got $15 cups and $22 cheesecakes... cookie dough is on average about $15 a box. It is one of the most reasonably priced things in the whole catalog.

Quoting alf2651:

We got one on the 3rd day of school. Seriously. It's a fundraiser selling $30 garden flags and flag poles. And $25 boxes of cookie dough. 

LadyAmaranth
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Not my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured