Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

about school supplies but its not what you think...ETA...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 221 Replies
If someone offered to buy your child(ren)'s school supplies and clothes for the year with the understanding of not having to pay anything back would you accept??? ETA: a lot of you are asking who offered it. By this I mean someone in your close family. In my case it was my sister. But I suppose it could range from parent ...grandparent.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I didn't expect this post to take off I'm still going through replies. If I haven't replied to any questions I will soon. Again thanks for all the kind words.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM

if they need it, why not?

charitymauldin
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM

um I dont know.. depends on whos buying it.

highlandmum
by Spunky on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM
4 moms liked this

No, I would thank them but decline the offer.  I am able to provide my children their school supplies and clothing.  I would say to them that there are other families out there that could us this help more and would appreciate it more.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM

no

smurfbitebug
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM
You remember the rubberband man? Where did he go?
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

No, because I can afford those things for my children. I would however point the person towards people I know that are struggling.

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:33 AM
2 moms liked this

It would depend on who it was.

My mom and my mother in law bought most of my kids supplies and clothes. My mom works in retail and finds stuff on super clearance plus she has a shopping addiction so I never have to buy my kids clothes, lol. And my mother in law used her membership to Sam's Club and bought large quantities of school supplies and split them between all of her grandkids that are still in school. 

If it was a stranger offering I would either refuse or I would take the money I was planning to spend and donate it for other kids to get school supplies.

coleysmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:33 AM
No I would not accept it. I can afford it just fine and typically donate supplies myself.
I would thank them for the offer and tell them to please find someone who needs it and to help them instead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:34 AM
3 moms liked this

Yeah! I already do! My mom does this for our kids. She is very well-off. She also only has my 2 kids to buy for since they are her only grandchildren she will ever have!! She is the BEST!!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)