Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD's school suggested that I switch her to a booster seat

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 718 Replies
18 moms liked this

this morning at drop off.  The lady opens the door as I'm unbuckling the bottom and says "Ya know, she's big enough for a booster seat"  I told her I was aware, and she replied that "it would just be so much easier"...I politely told her that I will continue to choose my daughter's safety over convenience, but I appreciated her input. I mean WTF? 

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:15 AM
41 moms liked this

Well, if you are holding up the line . . .  Seriously, if your kid is old enough to go to school, then he/she should be able to get out of their own seat. WTH!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:17 AM
32 moms liked this

Teach your daughter to start unbuckling it so when you hit the parking lot she can start unbuckling then your not holding anyone up!  Otherwise you'll be like the many parents I blast in the mornings on facebook for holding up the damn line!

LadySlimm
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM
62 moms liked this

I hate idiots who think like that woman. I would pick safety over her convenience too! My kid is was more valuable than 30 seconds of someone's time. It really doesn't take that much more time to undo a harness than a seatbelt. Screw her!

asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM
3 moms liked this

We were literally the only people in line.  I unbuckled her as the teacher was opening the door, so even if there were someone behind us, it wouldn't have held them up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Teach your daughter to start unbuckling it so when you hit the parking lot she can start unbuckling then your not holding anyone up!  Otherwise you'll be like the many parents I blast in the mornings on facebook for holding up the damn line!

lnr187
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM
10 moms liked this

i agree with you! i don't like that people rush their kids out of the 5 pt harness just because they can. our carseat was up to 40 lbs, but when he hit 4 yrs/40lbs/40", he just looked so tiny in the booster so we went out and bought a new carseat that went up to 65 pounds. he used the harness until he turned 5 and even then i only did it to protect his neck. ss bm switched him into a booster at 2 yr old, again at 3... we were PISSED but took care of it both times. keep her in it as long as you feel comfortable, or as long as is safe.

asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this

We weren't.  There was no one behind us, and I clearly stated in the OP that I unbuckled her as the teacher was opening the door.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, if you are holding up the line . . .  Seriously, if your kid is old enough to go to school, then he/she should be able to get out of their own seat. WTH!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM
32 moms liked this

REALLY!? I'd be A LOT more concerned that a SCHOOL-AGED kid couldn't grasp unbuckling for safety versus getting out of the car. SMH

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

Oh my no. I'd never teach my child how to unbuckle their seat. What if they dropped a toy and thought it would be a great idea to unbuckle to get it while the car is in motion?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I will understand why people choose convenience over safety.
Maxi_Maxi
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this
They can grasp it, but children sometimes are not as cautious while distracted. Better safe than sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

REALLY!? I'd be A LOT more concerned that a SCHOOL-AGED kid couldn't grasp unbuckling for safety versus getting out of the car. SMH

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

Oh my no. I'd never teach my child how to unbuckle their seat. What if they dropped a toy and thought it would be a great idea to unbuckle to get it while the car is in motion?

Quoting Anonymous:

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM
10 moms liked this
My son is 5 and still in a 5 point. Safety first!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)