Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you participate in Black Friday?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 109 Replies
We want to upgrade our early 90s jumbotron this Black Friday with a new flat screen and tv stand. Thinking the flat screen will be somewhere between 50-60" and the entertainment center needs to be nice quality and with all equipment enclosed (since we have a toddler). I'm wondering how much to budget for this? Probably like 300$ for the stand and up to 1k for the tv right? So maybe 14 to 15 hundred to be on the safe side?

Is there anything you have your eye on for this Black Friday?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I love black friday shopping! However, being in Guam, there's really not much we can get. We can shop at Kmart and online stores, but after shipping, the black friday deals pretty much equals out to be regular prices. So, it's probably not going to be worth it this year and the next few years while we're here.

I want to get my DD a play kitchen. I want to get my oldest son the Flipz headphones. My two younger boys are getting ipad minis.

NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM
6 moms liked this

YES!!!! I adore Black Friday. It is like my crack :)

Happy Fall!!!!

pixiesmom2
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

check out blackfriday.gottadeal.com and they have the ads from years passed archived so you can get a rough idea of the cost.

I go every year and good luck to you. It can be a lot of fun and it can get kinda crazy, scary to!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM

we have been out of town the past few years on Black Friday, but we will be going this year!

km1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I work line control on Black Friday. So yes, I participate, but I am on the other side on the madness!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM

i say get a projector, you can get a wall mount for it and it is AWESOME:) tv gets as big as you want it:) as for us, we spent more on our tv stand than our TV on black friday.. 300 for the tv*50 in if I remember correctly* and 500 for the tv stand..

TippyD
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

God bless you and keep you safe!! 

Quoting km1970:

I work line control on Black Friday. So yes, I participate, but I am on the other side on the madness!

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this
NO. I hide at home under the covers on black friday. Screw low prices, I'll pay full price or just not have things.
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Black Friday is evil.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I do but not for Christmas shopping, I it for the bargins and enjoyment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN