Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont trust my ex - dd's father **HE told me why**

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 46 Replies

We were together off and on from 2004 to 2008. Things ended not so good between us. We were toxic together. I hurried up and got custody settled in less than 24 hours, agreeing to terms that I didnt actually agree on - but our daughter was happy. And we both got to see her.

At the end of 2011, he moved 20 miles away - So that meant to get her to and from school he'd have to drive 20 miles one way to get her to school and 20 miles back home, twice a day. Logically, it made sense for her to stay with me during the school week and to go to him on weekends.

Well the beginning of this year - he moved back to his old house - but we didnt change who had her when.

He has NEVER held a job longer than 5 months. NEVER!!

So....he starts giving me this bullshit that he is starting a new job, but wants to put her as his beneficiary. Well hes begging me for her social security number. And its been 4 weeks since he started asking, but yet he hasnt started the job yet (that I know of). Hes always home.

I claim her on taxes, because he doesnt work. I just dont trust him with her social security number.

I've asked him to show me the beneficiary papers, he wont do it.

So then he texts me and tells me he went to social security office - i ask why, and he keeps telling me to call him. Well I'm at work. and I cant call him. So lord only knows what he messed up now.

UGH!

******He just told me that he didnt need her social for the beneficiary thing he said he needs it because he has to get heating assistance. Well I then proceeded to tell him I was not giving it to him so our daughter could be some huge part of a fraudelant scheme thing.

hes mad. but oh well.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't give it to him and unless he has the proper papers to get a copy of her social security number he is out of luck. It sounds like he is wanting to claim her if he worked any this year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM

let him get a consent form from his tax preparer if he is serious .  

all2gethernow
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Love your avatar:). That's all:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM

when i was going thru a divorce with my ex,  he got our kids birth certificates but not their SS#'s, he tried, I am guessing he wanted to get passports for them because he wanted to bring them to his native country for the summer

fanci64
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I wouldn't give him anything. If he hasn't cared enough for all this time to know these things he is definitely up to something. Be careful he could be trying to use your daughters SS# to open up a utilities account of some sort or something. I've seen it happen a million times. Then the kid turns 18 and goes to open an account for what they think is the first time and they can't because they have some huge Bill that was owed 10 years ago when the kid was 8. Be aware, very aware.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM

if you have sole custody of your child, your ex wont be able to get a copy of his/her SS number, they will need school documentation and utilty bills with the same addy as the child

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM
He's allowed to have her social if hes dad. There's nothing you can do. But I understand your fusteration.
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM

hes the type that will put utilitites in his daughters name, and figure out some way to do it! But he isnt getting it, and he even tried going to the social security office, and they wont give it to him.

Quoting msalice_21:

He's allowed to have her social if hes dad. There's nothing you can do. But I understand your fusteration.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM
No way. Don't give it to him. Tell him to give you the name and number of his human service rep and you can arrange everything through her if it truly is for insurance.
Luv_my_hubby
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM
DO NOT give him her SSN. He sounds like he is trying to be sneaky.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)