Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It says "rsvp to ..." for a reason! Update!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister and best friend are throwing me a baby shower. It was SUPPOSED to be a suprise...but apparently people in the south are total dumbasses. The invitation said it was a SURPRISE baby shower and to RSVP to my sister or my best friend by a certain date. Well my cousin told me she's coming to my shower. I said what shower? She said your baby shower, I lost the invite so I don't know the phone number. Oh. Well I didn't know I was even having a shower. 

So the secret got out and I know. No big deal I am so excited and thankful, I'm just a little bummed I didn't get a suprise lol that would of been fun. Now, the day before the shower, I've had 6 people message me all within an hour saying "hey I'll be there tomorrow, forgot to RSVP". They KNOW the people throwing the shower, they have them on FB and most have their phone #'s. Why is telling the hostess of a party so difficult? I RSVP the second I get an invite and mark it on my calender, IF I can go. 

Grrr.

So do you guys RSVP or not?

Holy Crap, this made front page! Wooooo! lol 

Update: Shower was yesterday. We had an amazing turnout, and the shower was perfect. My hostesses busted butt and made it the best thing in the world. As far as RSVP's the cousin that first ruined the surprise didn't even show up, two people who didn't RSVP came and they bought guests who weren't invited (two people I've never seen in my life). Only one person who did RSVP didn't come but I totally understand her reason. The shower was just fantastic and we had a lot of fun and got a lot of awesome things for our lil man. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Replies (251-260):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Seems rather passive aggressive to me. Why do they hate the hostess so much they would prefer to ruin the surprise than call her?

bamamom77
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Whoo hoo! Well said! 

garjain
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I always RSVP and put it on my calender. I really hate it when people don't RSVP till the end or you have to remind them before the party

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I RSVP but always wait till the RSVP date so that I can make sure I know of my plans with 4 kids I can't always know my schedule a ways in advance.

okpondlady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM

yes.

kashamom
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I threw my sil a baby shower in June. I had my number down for a RSVP out of 60 people I only received 3 rsvps. Very hard to plan for food and such. I really wanted to give the ones who did gifts and no gifts for games.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:27 AM

bump for update!

Diane1223
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Yes, I RSVP.
STVUstudent
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:43 AM

RSVP... RESPOND if you think you might want to go SINCE the hostess is probably trying to VERIFY PROVISIONS... LOL... for my kids birthday party a couple of weeks ago, I was getting RSVPs up to an hour before party time... SMH...

Grandmasloves
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM

this is one of the major things that irk me - people who do not RSVP.  For my daughter's wedding many years ago, we had to have someone call many people to find out if they were coming because we had to let the venue know how many meals to prepare.   there were several who said they would come and did not.  I think it was incredibly rude of that woman to bring two additional people especially ones you did not even know. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN