Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It says "rsvp to ..." for a reason! Update!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister and best friend are throwing me a baby shower. It was SUPPOSED to be a suprise...but apparently people in the south are total dumbasses. The invitation said it was a SURPRISE baby shower and to RSVP to my sister or my best friend by a certain date. Well my cousin told me she's coming to my shower. I said what shower? She said your baby shower, I lost the invite so I don't know the phone number. Oh. Well I didn't know I was even having a shower. 

So the secret got out and I know. No big deal I am so excited and thankful, I'm just a little bummed I didn't get a suprise lol that would of been fun. Now, the day before the shower, I've had 6 people message me all within an hour saying "hey I'll be there tomorrow, forgot to RSVP". They KNOW the people throwing the shower, they have them on FB and most have their phone #'s. Why is telling the hostess of a party so difficult? I RSVP the second I get an invite and mark it on my calender, IF I can go. 

Grrr.

So do you guys RSVP or not?

Holy Crap, this made front page! Wooooo! lol 

Update: Shower was yesterday. We had an amazing turnout, and the shower was perfect. My hostesses busted butt and made it the best thing in the world. As far as RSVP's the cousin that first ruined the surprise didn't even show up, two people who didn't RSVP came and they bought guests who weren't invited (two people I've never seen in my life). Only one person who did RSVP didn't come but I totally understand her reason. The shower was just fantastic and we had a lot of fun and got a lot of awesome things for our lil man. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

ahahaha, I know it people like me drive me nuts I mean it really isn't complicated to RSVP but for some reason I can not do it. lol

Quoting mamav2215:

you'd drive me nuts if you were my friend... but at least you can admit it! :) I do have friends I know they never will and can 90% of the time know if they're coming or not. so i'd just lump you in with them. haha

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I am pretty much a fail at this stuff. I have good intentions but terrible follow through.

MormonMom3
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Indeed. I guess that makes two of us. 

Quoting his88angel:

Well nice to know i am a dumbass from being from the south.

mamav2215
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM

well there are times I've sent a gift from their registry and then forget to RSVP, so they're sending me thank you cards and don't even now i'm not coming yet. haha

Quoting Anonymous:

ahahaha, I know it people like me drive me nuts I mean it really isn't complicated to RSVP but for some reason I can not do it. lol

Quoting mamav2215:

you'd drive me nuts if you were my friend... but at least you can admit it! :) I do have friends I know they never will and can 90% of the time know if they're coming or not. so i'd just lump you in with them. haha

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I am pretty much a fail at this stuff. I have good intentions but terrible follow through.

choaspartyof4
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM
What idiots...
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM

This irritates me as well. I always RSVP.

Our wedding is in November, and since we are having  seated dinner I expect people to reply. I have already let it be known that if you don't RSVP, then do not come to the reception because you will be asked to leave since there won't be a place for you.

AA2.0
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Agreed.

People in general these days are inconsiderate assholes when it comes to RSVP. Nothing to do with region, FFS.

Quoting Roxygurl:

It has nothing to do with the south. Sigh.
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh, and being from the south has nothing to do with them being idiots.

Mrs.Brugger
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM

i always RSVP. it's on the invite for a reason.

I'm sorry your shower's surprise was ruined =[ That's a bummer. BUT YAY FOR A SHOWER!

orchardmoma
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM

That's terrible! But you gotta admit it is funny that everyone is RSVP ing to you! What a bummer. I always do and I make sure its not a surprise party. 

AA2.0
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, me too.

Especially since I always RSVP.

Quoting MormonMom3:

Indeed. I guess that makes two of us. 

Quoting his88angel:

Well nice to know i am a dumbass from being from the south.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN