Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food Stamps - Complaining over good food?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 521 Replies
11 moms liked this
This is something I don't understand that a lot of mothers on here complain about.

People constantly complain about those who are on food stamps; including when those on FS make GOOD food choices (like purchasing Greek yogurt over the cheap brand - heck even the cheap Greek yogurt is better).

There are some foods that are worth getting at the higher price, because you receive a better health benefit in return.

You know, like the fact that Greek Yogurt is much better because there is less sugar in the product, which also helps with vaginal health and digestion.

It makes me wonder, do you know anything about food or what you're talking about?

I'm not trying to be mean, it's just an observation. If you eat crap food, your finances aren't the reason why -- it's because you don't know how to cook.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:44 PM
10 moms liked this
People will complain about anything and everything
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Quoting HIJKLM:

It seems that way, but it also makes me wonder how many people actually cook these days. :/
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM
16 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Between my husband, myself, and my 11 year old we eat home cooked meals for every meal. We rarely do prepackaged foods.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting HIJKLM:

It seems that way, but it also makes me wonder how many people actually cook these days. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Quoting Nicoleb9:

Mobile Photo

Which is a reality, but has nothing to do with people who do actually make good choices.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Quoting waytomanykids10:

Between my husband, myself, and my 11 year old we eat home cooked meals for every meal. We rarely do prepackaged foods.

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting HIJKLM:People will complain about anything and everything

What types of things do you cook?
km1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM
9 moms liked this

I think some of the problem is there are parents who both work and make just a little too much so they don't qualify for any type of assistance. They are struggling to feed their family and provide other basic needs. Some even skip meals so their kids will have enough to eat. Then they hear of people who get just insane an amount of fs and brag about all the food they are able to buy.

I don't think it's what people are buying, it comes down to what they are buying it with. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM
16 moms liked this
Ill buy whatever I want with food stamps I worked from the age of 17 to the age of 31 and this last year have been home with my daughter and I get food stamps! When I return to work I will be paying back into it tax wise so all you food stamp haters can suck on that! Lol
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
16 moms liked this

People like to find a reason to bitch. Hell, people bitch about people needing FS. Have you seen the arguments? Don't have children you can't afford. Should have had a back up plan in place (with HUGE savings of THOUSANDS of dollars). Give your kid up (that's my favorite for laughs because it's THAT fucking absurd.) Sell everything you don't NEED, including your child's items that they don't NEED (another absurd one; I'll sell my shit but not my child's; I am not subjecting my child to the understanding of adult problems).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
5 moms liked this

not sure what you are really trying to say. but it's been my observation that the people who are taking advantage of the assistance and have an entitlement mentality do not purchase healthy foods. it has nothing to do with whether or not they can cook

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN